Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Urgent: Baroness Louise Casey's Review into the Culture of the Metropolitan Police Service Public Meeting Karibu Centre Mon 24th Oct 6 pm

Lee Japser

Dear U75,

Please see attached a flyer for a unique event happening Monday, 24th October, at 6 pm here in Lambeth, where we will be discussingBaroness Loisue Casey'sReview of the culture of the Metropolitan Police Service. The organisations sponsoring this event would be entirely grateful if you would share this information among your networks.

Black public confidence in the Metropolitan Police Service is at an unprecedented all-time low, with Lambeth rating as the worst borough in London across a range of public trust, race equality and disproportionality indicators that detail the reality of the racist, misogynistic and discriminatory use of Police powers and the disgraceful treatment of their Black, Asian and ethnic minority police officers and staff.

Such are the concerns that a range of key black national institutions and networks are coming together in an unprecedented alliance to evaluate asses and identify the detail of the damming Baroness Louise Casey's Review into the culture of the Metropolitan Police Service. The meeting will explore Met Commissioner Sir Mark Rowley's response and what should be the response of the Mayor's Office, local Councils and local communities to the repost's devastating findings.

The event is Monday 24th October 2002. Doors open at 6 pm and will take place at the KaribuEducation Centre, 7 Gresham Rd, Lambeth, SW9 7PH.

Speakers from all the national Black networks are featured on the flyer, plus more are yet to be announced, including the Editor of the Voice Newspaper and local community speakers. In addition, both the Mayor's Office and Commissioner have been invited, but neither has confirmed their attendance as yet. We hope they do so. Lambeth Council will be represented by Cllr Hashi, Cabinet Member for Community Safety.

Please book your place on Eventbrite now.The Explosive Casey Review Findings Into Met Police Culture.

It is stunning to think that this landmark report is only an interim report. Baroness Casey's findings have amplified and reinforced the stark criticism levelled at the Met by London's black communities for decades.

These criticisms have been consistently expressed by myself and others at a local level here in Lambeth and across the capital, Criticisms that have been routinely ignored, denied or dismissed by the Met and other accountable bodies who have chosen to stay silent or who have been complicit in maintaining the status quo of a toxic culture that is highlighted in this interim report.

To suggest that the Casey Reviews findings were 'a surprise' or that senior officers at Scotland Yard or here in Lambeth were 'unaware' of these critical issues is, in truth, wholly disingenuous and frankly insulting to our communities. These issues have been raised consistently here in Lambeth and across the capital by communities, the media and Police professional bodies over the last decade.

The growing levels of genuine anger, deep anxiety and heightened concerns among London's and Lambeth's Black communities are the highest I have ever known in 40 years as a community advocate and servant leader.

Please share this flyer with your networks and ensure that we hold the Met to keen account in their attempts to tackle entrenched systemic racism in the Metropolitan Police Service.

Please use the hashtags #CaseyReview #MetPolice #SystemicBias

Regards

Mr Lee Jasper
Policy and Organisational Development Training Consultant
Chair Alliance for Police Accountability Project Steering Group
Co-Founder Operation Black Vote / BARAC UK / Blaksox
Strategic Adviser Black Men 4 Change and Black Impact
Board Member Youth Futures
Vice-Chair BAME Lawyers 4 Justice.
Chair Lambeth Youth Safety Forum

Attachments

• APA 24 October Portrait flyer.jpg
    APA 24 October Portrait flyer.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Dear All

Se

eView attachment 347948

Dear U75,

Please see attached a flyer for a unique event happening Monday, 24th October, at 6 pm here in Lambeth, where we will be discussingBaroness Loisue Casey'sReview of the culture of the Metropolitan Police Service. The organisations sponsoring this event would be entirely grateful if you would share this information among your networks.

Black public confidence in the Metropolitan Police Service is at an unprecedented all-time low, with Lambeth rating as the worst borough in London across a range of public trust, race equality and disproportionality indicators that detail the reality of the racist, misogynistic and discriminatory use of Police powers and the disgraceful treatment of their Black, Asian and ethnic minority police officers and staff.

Such are the concerns that a range of key black national institutions and networks are coming together in an unprecedented alliance to evaluate asses and identify the detail of the damming Baroness Louise Casey's Review into the culture of the Metropolitan Police Service. The meeting will explore Met Commissioner Sir Mark Rowley's response and what should be the response of the Mayor's Office, local Councils and local communities to the repost's devastating findings.

The event is Monday 24th October 2002. Doors open at 6 pm and will take place at the KaribuEducation Centre, 7 Gresham Rd, Lambeth, SW9 7PH.

Speakers from all the national Black networks are featured on the flyer, plus more are yet to be announced, including the Editor of the Voice Newspaper and local community speakers. In addition, both the Mayor's Office and Commissioner have been invited, but neither has confirmed their attendance as yet. We hope they do so. Lambeth Council will be represented by Cllr Hashi, Cabinet Member for Community Safety.

Please book your place on Eventbrite now.The Explosive Casey Review Findings Into Met Police Culture.

It is stunning to think that this landmark report is only an interim report. Baroness Casey's findings have amplified and reinforced the stark criticism levelled at the Met by London's black communities for decades.

These criticisms have been consistently expressed by myself and others at a local level here in Lambeth and across the capital, Criticisms that have been routinely ignored, denied or dismissed by the Met and other accountable bodies who have chosen to stay silent or who have been complicit in maintaining the status quo of a toxic culture that is highlighted in this interim report.

To suggest that the Casey Reviews findings were 'a surprise' or that senior officers at Scotland Yard or here in Lambeth were 'unaware' of these critical issues is, in truth, wholly disingenuous and frankly insulting to our communities. These issues have been raised consistently here in Lambeth and across the capital by communities, the media and Police professional bodies over the last decade.

The growing levels of genuine anger, deep anxiety and heightened concerns among London's and Lambeth's Black communities are the highest I have ever known in 40 years as a community advocate and servant leader.

Please share this flyer with your networks and ensure that we hold the Met to keen account in their attempts to tackle entrenched systemic racism in the Metropolitan Police Service.

Regards

Mr Lee Jasper
if you read the letter you link to it says it is separate from the special report. pls could you link to the special report.
1666256612281.png

eView attachment 347948

Dear U75,

Regards

Mr Lee Jasper
Tell me Japser

a) are you still on the Met Police payroll

b) if not when did you leave and why?

Monday, 24th October, 6 pm, an unprecedented array of leading Black institutions and organisations come together to discuss the most damming review findings into the culture of the Met Police captured in the Casey Review that will come to Brixton, the capital of Black Britain. The Casey review explodes the lie that systemic discrimination does not exist in the Met. So it is fitting that this meeting is held at the historic Karibu Centre, formally the Abeng Youth Centre, whose landmark place in 1981 Brixton uprisings forms part of the rich history of Lambeth.
Lambeth has the worst figures across all race equality indicators, the lowest level of trust, the highest level of race complaints, the highest rates of disproportionate use of police powers, and no police accountability forums. as a consequence of the degradation of police accountability and across London, the routine denials of systemic bias, bigotry industrial strength racism, sexism and homophobia within the Met, not only prevails, they thrive.

Attachments

• APA 24 October Portrait flyer.jpg
    APA 24 October Portrait flyer.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 1
Tell me Japser

a) are you still on the Met Police payroll

b) if not when did you leave and why?

I tell you what I'll organise a public debate, especially for this tiny U75 Brixton crew whose anonymous carping and critique never surfaces in my real life nor from the wider community, in fact now where else other than here, and usually in response to anything In post. I will debate, take questions or respond to any question. All I need is for the brave anonymous trolls to agree to debate with me in public. I'll do it in a closed room with as many of you as you care to muster, and I will do so alone, with no panel, no audience, just me and your small collective of critics. We can stream it live or have a live audience - whatever works for you guys works for me. Call me when you're ready, I'm all ears.

is far from a simple question
a far from simple question might be along the lines of

Write down the principal correspondences of the signs Gemini, Scorpio, Mars, and the Sephira Binah.

or

Make a study of all the multiples of the number 11 below 1000, and endeavour to trace a connection between them.

I tell you what I'll organise a public debate, especially for this tiny U75 Brixton crew whose anonymous carping and critique never surfaces in my real life nor from the wider community, in fact now where else other than here, and usually in response to anything In post. I will debate, take questions or respond to any question. All I need is for the brave anonymous trolls to agree to debate with me in public. I'll do it in a closed room with as many of you as you care to muster, and I will do so alone, with no panel, no audience, just me and your small collective of critics. We can stream it live or have a live audience - whatever works for you guys works for me. Call me when you're ready, I'm all ears.
I have met you in public, Jasper, when I attended an anti-racist conference as a Green Party Delegate: you and other thugs, at the behest of Searchlight scum,physically threw me out, calling me a fascist. So you (and others) will now see

1) Why I have a problem with you

2) Furthermore, others will see that you have not answered my question regarding your employment by the Met Police. To have not done so means, as I suspect, that your involvement in any campaign to hold the Met to account is, intrinsically, suspect

For reference: I am not anonymous, this is my real name, thug

The APA doesn't seem to exist in the UK. This makes me doubt whether anyone except Jasper has organised this event. I wonder whether any of the advertised speakers will show up?

The APA doesn't seem to exist in the UK. This makes me doubt whether anyone except Jasper has organised this event. I wonder whether any of the advertised speakers will show up?

You are a joker! The APA is yet to launch formally in the New Year - but all the organisations listed are steering group members.

Back
Top Bottom