Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Urban's All Back To Mine - chill out mix/playlist challenge

Here's mine:

Sadly I cant mix so it's a youtube playlist.

Super tasty melodic spacey techno/acid/electro vibes to send you off to ga-ga land.

Hidden Figure - Stolen Tears
Inkipak - Out of Bounds
Sound Synthesis - Planet Hope
Zodiac Childs and Moy - Sixth Sense
Placid One - Slow Motion Race
Automatic Tasty - Winetavern Street Romance
Cignol - Late Wednesday
Adhesive - Trisolarian
G-Prod - D-Light
Derek Carr - MCR
RX-101 - Search Path 101

Last edited:
I had a go. Still trying to work out what all the buttons on my mixer do, so some of the mixes are ...less than perfect. The tracks are a mix of older stuff I had hanging around in my iTunes, and stuff I've bought from Bandcamp in covid times.

1 Listen To The Music - Jonny Drop
2 Ancient Fish - Soshi Takeda
3 Night Wounds - Aging ~ Land Trance
4 Fine Anyway - Rogér Fakhr
5 Ménage À Trois - Ralph Myerz & The Jack Herren Band
6 So Jazzy - Roots Manuva
7 All My Senses - Dobie & Holly Palmer
8 Return to Crooklyn [Instrumental] - Napoleon Da Legend & Amerigo Gazaway
9 T.R.O.Y. (Amerigo Gazaway Remix) [Instrumental] - Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth
10 Habite em mim - Arto Lindsay
11 Ten Tigers - Bonobo
12 Spooky (Dub) - The Nextmen vs Gentleman's Dub Club
13 Del Fuego - Fat Freddy's Drop
14 Old Friends For Sale - Desert Eagle Discs
15 Way Over (Instrumental) - Dobie
16 Alcohol - SAULT

Download link in case that's easier

"opium for the lugholes" - no particular genre - but all stuff that works when you're laid on your back and want to float off somewhere. sumptuous melodies, beautiful arrangements, hypnotic beats and everything from trip hop to ella fitzgerald to dub to folk. Its not in any conscious order - i just stick it on random and drift off. Enjoy

Last edited:
YouTube as I cant export from iTunes to Spotify

Philip Marlowe's Cat

Banshee Legs Bell Hassle King Crimson
Sexfaldur Amiina
SOLARIS Penguin Cafe
The Moonchild and the Fire [King Crimson v. Agnes Obel] K
A Blessing Of Tears Robert Fripp
The Power To Believe I ~ A Cappella 2003 King Crimson
Zebra (1+1=X) Kiasmos & Högni
Things Behind The Sun Luluc
This Is The Day (The The) Thomas Feiner
The First Day Sylvian & Fripp
Particles ft. Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir Ólafur Arnalds
Lamentation (The Weight Of Spring Version) The White Birch
April 5th (2013 Remaster) Talk Talk
Yonderhead Thomas Feiner & Anywhen
Playground Martyrs ft. David Sylvian & Nina Kinert remixed by Montecristo

Last edited:
"opium for the lugholes" - no particular genre - but all stuff that works when you're laid on your back and want be float off somewhere. sumptuous melodies, beautiful arrangements, hypnotic beats and everything from trip hop to ella fitzgerald to dub to folk. Its not in any conscious order - i just stick it on random and drift off. Enjoy

Already answered a couple of niggles for me, this. That 'song with the massive jubilant chorus' that I've wondered about for years is 4hero. And yes, there really is a version of Smells Like Teen Spirit with a Jim Morrisoneque poem at the end of it. Thanks Tim. Enjoying some old favs and hearing some new stuff I really like too.

Already answered a couple of niggles for me, this. That 'song with the massive jubilant chorus' that I've wondered about for years is 4hero. And yes, there really is a version of Smells Like Teen Spirit with a Jim Morrisoneque poem at the end of it. Thanks Tim. Enjoying some old favs and hearing some new stuff I really like too.

Yep - I love the Patti Smith version of "teen spirit". First time I heard it I was parking the car and was captivated - sat in the car till it had finished.

Here's mine:

Sadly I cant mix so it's a youtube playlist.

Super tasty melodic spacey techno/acid/electro vibes to send you off to ga-ga land.

Hidden Figure - Stolen Tears
Inkipak - Out of Bounds
Sound Synthesis - Planet Hope
Zodiac Childs and Moy - Sixth Sense
Placid One - Slow Motion Race
Automatic Tasty - Winetavern Street Romance
Cignol - Late Wednesday
Adhesive - Trisolarian
G-Prod - D-Light
Derek Carr - MCR
RX-101 - Search Path 101

lovely stuff. can't get enough of that Cignol sound.

Yep - I love the Patti Smith version of "teen spirit". First time I heard it I was parking the car and was captivated - sat in the car till it had finished.
I was convinced I'd heard a version of it with someone doing a poem at the end. I think I heard it waiting for a band to come on once but that was it. It's been a niggle for a while. The poem bit reminds me of the end of Dancing Barefoot. Damn she's good.

Here's a big 269 length list for the year 1971. There's still more I wanted to add but I was going slowly mad compiling it. And hungry. Next stop 1962 list. Prep it for the album of the year thing.

Mostly familiar stuff at the start but also buried deep down. Songs are grouped by genre. If you're bored skip ahead to the eg. electronic section. Something for everybody. Taj Mahal appears twice because he did two very different and very excellent albums. Chill album of the year award goes to Tully's Sea of Joy. (Managed to find a Joni Mitchell song despite the boycott)

EDIT! Sorry about this. I've tidied up the list and added some extra bits including a stack of filmi songs and a bit of country/pop/rock and some improvisation/noise at the end. And it starts with Chi Mai like it always should have done. So you end up descending from the familiar into the strange back the familiar, back and forward a bit and then into the really quite odd and ending with "this is just noise now" and a touch of Japanese smooth jazz to finish you off. Properly overthought 1971 chill list:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom