Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Urban's All Back To Mine - chill out mix/playlist challenge

it can be whatever you think is chilled out... this is a deep/minimal/IMO very chilled morning after style house mix
im going to do another one especially for this thread but who knows what it'll have in it - might well have some kick drums!
I was going by the flavour of th Back To Mine CD mix series you mention. Music to chill to rather than dance to.
Mind you, we only seem to be doing the former recently anyway!

Youtube list of mostly live things if you don't mind the adverts (curiously and happily the ads aren't popping up) and the some of the talking in the videos. Only the last of them is a static image.

Elizabeth Cotton - Freight Train
Jean Ritchie - Shady Grove and Jackero
Missippi John Hurt - You Gotta Walk That Lonesome Valley
Son House - Grinnin' In Your Face
Anne Briggs & Burt Jansch - Black Waterside
Gentle Giant - Isn't It Quiet and Cold
Shirley Collins - Death and the Lady
Radie Peat & Daragh Lynch (Lankum) - Hares on the Mountain
Davey Graham - She Moves Through The Fair
Incredible String Band - Empty Pocket Blues
Agitation Free - Layla
Jack Rose - Kensington Blues
Kathryn Tickell - Lads of Alnwick
Gwenifer Raymond - Idumea
Delia Derbyshire - Falling (excerpt from The Dreams)

Edit: Added more

Last edited:
While I compile mine, let me post the only thing I’ve ever uploaded to Soundcloud- an awesome ambient studio mix on cassette that I bought from Ambient Soho c. 1995 and, for me, is the ultimate chill out mix:
ETA: just realised I can't even remember where I bought it from - Crash? Ambient Soho? I bought a lot of mix tapes from both. A couple of the best ever, now lost, were a Jerome Hill and an Evil Eddie Richards Voodoo mix.

Last edited:
While I compile mine, let me post the only thing I’ve ever uploaded to Soundcloud- an awesome ambient studio mix on cassette that I bought from Ambient Soho c. 1995 and, for me, is the ultimate chill out mix:
Sounds wicked, Orang, any chance of also making side A download enabled please?

I did but I think it fell foul of copyright or summat, so you can't now.
This will do it for you though:
Cheers- I have used that before and will do now. I know that problem on SC- it can be done by inserting a 1 sec piece of white noise (or similar) at the beginning, but it's a faff which shouldn't need to happen.

My contribution:

Ulla Straus – I Forgot To Take A Picture
Eberhardt Weber – Fluid Rustle
Arooj Aftab - Lullaby
Robbie Basho – Blue Crystal Fire
Horsegirl – Ballroom Dance Scene
Rodeola – Favourite Flavour
Group Listening – Seeland
Charles Hayward – Summerhill
Sophie Cooper – A Chance
Modern Nature – Bloom/Footsteps
Tommy Mandel – Friend

Cheers- I have used that before and will do now. I know that problem on SC- it can be done by inserting a 1 sec piece of white noise (or similar) at the beginning, but it's a faff which shouldn't need to happen.

Here's an example of when I did it before a cheeky mash up.

The Floaters - Float On
Trashbat - Last Dubplate on the Left
Nicholas Jarr - What My Last Girl Put Me Through
Tay-K - I <3 My Choppa
Asian Doll - Check
João Gilberto - Chega de saudade
Seyfou Yohannes - Yèkèrmo Sèw
Dr. Yen Lo - Day 81
Bingo Gazingo - I'm A Wabbit
War - Don't Let One Get You Down
Kellee Patterson - I'm Gonna Love You Just A Little Bit More
Ghibli - Suicide
Manata Roberts - Always Say Your Name
Young Disciples - Step Right On (Dub)
Jazz Spastiks - Supa B-Boy
Quasimoto - The Unseen
Da Lata - Borboleta
Suba - Tantos Desejos

A couple of the best ever, now lost, were a Jerome Hill and an Evil Eddie Richards Voodoo mix.
there's a really pounding Evil Eddie Richards mix from Voodoo in '95 on mixcloud, is that the same?

I had an amazing tape of Frank De Wulf that I'd love to hear again, but which had not made it online last time I checked...

there's a really pounding Evil Eddie Richards mix from Voodoo in '95 on mixcloud, is that the same?

I had an amazing tape of Frank De Wulf that I'd love to hear again, but which had not made it online last time I checked...
yes! found it shortly after posting it - going in with Drexciya! perfect!

The Floaters - Float On
Trashbat - Last Dubplate on the Left
Nicholas Jarr - What My Last Girl Put Me Through
Tay-K - I <3 My Choppa
Asian Doll - Check
João Gilberto - Chega de saudade
Seyfou Yohannes - Yèkèrmo Sèw
Dr. Yen Lo - Day 81
Bingo Gazingo - I'm A Wabbit
War - Don't Let One Get You Down
Kellee Patterson - I'm Gonna Love You Just A Little Bit More
Ghibli - Suicide
Manata Roberts - Always Say Your Name
Young Disciples - Step Right On (Dub)
Jazz Spastiks - Supa B-Boy
Quasimoto - The Unseen
Da Lata - Borboleta
Suba - Tantos Desejos

This is awesome. All of it.

I might be up for this, it
I always mentally pat myself on the back when I get Spotify to play all my liked songs. This bloke's taste is impeccable. :D
My partner thought that Spotify was uncanny at finding us tunes when we were tripping. Ignoring that I'd been carefully curating the playlist over the last few years and then planning ahead of the trip and adjusting it all the way through according to the feeling. It's a bit of a running joke now.

I've been playing with doing dark/Space ambient mix for some time so might do it for this. Or I'll just put together a playlist.

I might be up for this, it

My partner thought that Spotify was uncanny at finding us tunes when we were tripping. Ignoring that I'd been carefully curating the playlist over the last few years and then planning ahead of the trip and adjusting it all the way through according to the feeling. It's a bit of a running joke now.

I've been playing with doing dark/Space ambient mix for some time so might do it for this. Or I'll just put together a playlist.
now youve mentioned it would you share some of your acid playlists please?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom