Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Urban Recipe Repository

The best fucking Rhubarb Recipe on Gods Green Earth Muthafuckers

Rhubarb and Coconut Pie

Makes 4 portions

1lb of rhubarb (I usually use at least 2lb)

2-3 tablespoons of Granulated or Demerara sugar

3oz butter

5 level tablespoons of Golden Syrup (doesn’t matter if it’s not that level)

5oz Desiccated Coconut

2oz Plain Flour

2oz Granulated or Demerara sugar

Method:

1. Prepare a moderate oven (350oF, Gas 4)

2. Wash and trim rhubarb, cut into short lengths. Place in a 1½ pint oven-proof dish with the tablespoons of sugar. Cook in oven for 10 minutes.

3. Place butter in a saucepan. Measure golden syrup and add to butter and melt over a low heat. When butter is melted remove from heat and add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.

4. Spread coconut mixture ontop of the rhubarb. Bake on top shelf for 35 minutes.

5. Serve hot with custard, cream or ice-cream.

Enjoy!

The best fucking Rhubarb Recipe on Gods Green Earth Muthafuckers

Rhubarb and Coconut Pie

Makes 4 portions

1lb of rhubarb (I usually use at least 2lb)

2-3 tablespoons of Granulated or Demerara sugar

3oz butter

5 level tablespoons of Golden Syrup (doesn’t matter if it’s not that level)

5oz Desiccated Coconut

2oz Plain Flour

2oz Granulated or Demerara sugar

Method:

1. Prepare a moderate oven (350oF, Gas 4)

2. Wash and trim rhubarb, cut into short lengths. Place in a 1½ pint oven-proof dish with the tablespoons of sugar. Cook in oven for 10 minutes.

3. Place butter in a saucepan. Measure golden syrup and add to butter and melt over a low heat. When butter is melted remove from heat and add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.

4. Spread coconut mixture ontop of the rhubarb. Bake on top shelf for 35 minutes.

5. Serve hot with custard, cream or ice-cream.

Enjoy!

That sounds fit.

Colleague just gave me his tried and tested Cola Chicken Wings recipe :cool:

Cola Chicken Wings

1 Kg of chicken wings

1 bottle of cola (the one bigger than the can but smaller than the 1 litre bottle)

1 ginger stem

2 or 3 pieces of star anise

big slug of shaoshin wine (or brandy if you don't have any)

1 tablespoon of 5 spices

1 to 2 tablespoons of palm sugar depending on how sweet you like your sauce

½ a teaspoon of salt

couple of cloves of garlic

some sprigs of spring onions

birds eye chilli to taste

So clean up your chicken wings and score the meaty part (upper leg) so the flavours can penetrate.

Slice the ginger and fry that with the chilli, star anise and 5 spices to release the flavours.

Seal the chicken wings in the above mix.

Add cola and all the rest of it.

Let it cook (I think about 15 mins if you are going to finish on the bbq). Always check for bloodiness by usual stabbing trick of wings.

Take the wings out when they are about done if you are finishing them off in the sauce rather than the bbq, or much earlier if you are bbqing.

Then simmer (well you can boil it down) the sauce until thick and filter/scoop out all the bits. It should be thick by this point, but if not thick enough use arrowroot or corn flour to stiffen.

Then throw back in wings if doing as a dish, or finish wings on bbq and pour sauce on top.

For pork use Dr Pepper instead.

p.s. I'm pretty sure that the sizes are right, but the timing might be off as I normally just keep poking the chicken to check.

Cheers, Moon

Pizza Paratha. This is vegetarian but can be veganised with vegan cheese. Cheap and delicious.

Bread Besan Cheela- I think this is vegan, and again, it's pretty cheap.

Here is the ingredient list of pizza paratha: Whole wheat flour (atta): 2 cups Grated mozzarella cheese/vegan cheese (at room temperature): 1 ¼ cups Chopped bell peppers: ½ cup Chopped onions: ½ cup Corn kernels (at room temperature): ¼ cup Chopped olives: 8-10 Italian seasoning Chilly flakes (optional) Pizza Sauce, Pesto sauce Cooking Oil Salt, Water

Bread Cheela Ingredients--------- 1. Gram Flour – 1.5 cup 2. Onions – 1 3. Tomato – 1 4. Green Coriander – ½ cup 5. Red Chilli Powder – ½ tbsp 6. Salt – as per taste 7. Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp 8. Green Chillies – 2 9. Oil – 3 tbsp 10. Breads – 4 11. Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp 12. Roasted Cumin Powder – ½ tsp 13. Water – as required

A recipe is necessary on this recipe thread. You need to be able to refer to it at a glance.
In the time you took to post comments you could have watched the video and you would know what to do by now. Surely just watching a short video is not difficult.

Sorry Humirax but I agree with Orang Utan. I'm not going to bother making something where I have to be constantly stopping and starting a You Tube video and where I can't see an overview of the whole recipe all the time.

But whatever....no problem eh? :)

I agree with this, I am hearing impaired and prefer a written recipe at all times. In fact I prefer written most things, and think the descent into having a video for everything is a detrimental thing, and isolating for people who are hearing impaired.

Linking a video you found on youtube in a recipe sharing thread strikes me as lazy anyway. If you like it that much, take a few minutes to type out the ingredients and method, include the link as a "this is where I found the recipe" credit, but don't just embed youtube vids or paste links into the thread - we can all look for stuff on youtube or google recipes.

You don't need to listen to the video really, just watch how it's done, it's simple.

Linking a video you found on youtube in a recipe sharing thread strikes me as lazy anyway. If you like it that much, take a few minutes to type out the ingredients and method, include the link as a "this is where I found the recipe" credit, but don't just embed youtube vids or paste links into the thread - we can all look for stuff on youtube or google recipes.
It's simply using more modern technology- which you guys seems to be struggling with.

I'M FUCKING DEAF, THAT IS WHAT IS SO DIFFICULT ABOUT IT. JUST TYPE THE FUCKING RECIPE OUT LIKE EVERYONE ELSE ON THE THREAD HAS DONE.

And stop being so fucking lazy, just embedding videos

Watching videos is actually how my girlfriend learned to cook vegan food so I didn't think it would be a problem

Last edited by a moderator:
I'M FUCKING DEAF, THAT IS WHAT IS SO DIFFICULT ABOUT IT. JUST TYPE THE FUCKING RECIPE OUT LIKE EVERYONE ELSE ON THE THREAD HAS DONE.

And stop being so fucking lazy, just embedding videos
Do I have to keep repeating the same thing? I already explained that you don't need to listen to the fucking video! I give up.

Can someone else please watch that video (for Bread Besan Cheela) with the sound OFF and just confirm that I am NOT going mad, there is NO text/subtitle explanation of what any of the ingredients are or their measurements. I can see what some of them are, that looks like cumin seeds in the top right at the start maybe, but is the thing under it garam masala or ground coriander? What are the quantities?

No, you cannot follow that recipe accurately without sound.

Can someone else please watch that video (for Bread Besan Cheela) with the sound OFF and just confirm that I am NOT going mad, there is NO text/subtitle explanation of what any of the ingredients are or their measurements. I can see what some of them are, that looks like cumin seeds in the top right at the start maybe, but is the thing under it garam masala or ground coriander? What are the quantities?

No, you cannot follow that recipe accurately without sound.
I posted the ingredients and measurements

Back
Top Bottom