Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Unusual and GOOD cover versions

I see Metallica play S&M are on sky arts tonight. Alas I am stuck with the turn of the screw on bbc4.
I watched it last year when they first showed it, I really enjoyed it although it got a lot of stick when it came out.

Do I need to apologise for this choice :p

I quite like a couple of Ghost tracks and even bought the first two albums.
I think I have pretty much hated all their covers, including these ones. They tend to be pretty boring and don't don't do anything particularly interesting with their cover versions, this version of it's a sin is a good example. It's just a straight re-recording, with rather tame guitars.

It's not unusual and it's not good.

Last edited:

I'm not that familiar with The Cranberries, TBH, but if that's representative of their work, I'm glad I never bothered.

That cover is appalling - this one is an example of how to do it, even though Nick's performance in the video is a bit ropey.

I'm not that familiar with The Cranberries, TBH, but if that's representative of their work, I'm glad I never bothered.

That cover is appalling - this one is an example of how to do it, even though Nick's performance in the video is a bit ropey.

I'm not that familiar with Nick Cave, TBH, but if that's representative of their work, I'm glad I never bothered

One of the worst videos I have ever watched on YT

I quite like a couple of Ghost tracks and even bought the first two albums.
I think I have pretty much hated all their covers, including these ones. They tend to be pretty boring and don't don't do anything particularly interesting with their cover versions, this version of it's a sin is a good example. It's just a straight re-recording, with rather tame guitars.

It's not unusual and it's not good.
That's fine, you are entitled to your opinion....at least you were polite, I'll take that! :D

Cover of (the Miracles B-Side to 'Come round here. I'm the one you need')'Save Me'

by Alton Ellis, Zoot Sims, Bob Marley and an unknown female vocalist.

I heard a good cover version a while back that I’d appreciate IDing. It was a kind of country version of DK’s Holiday in Cambodia... anyone??
rooster burns & stetson revolting?

they've made a interesting medley of specials and morricone too, dunno if i'm completely sold

otherwise there's a swing version with richard cheese.

A shit Elvis impersonator doing In The Ghetto is hardly unusual.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom