Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

UKIP Take £25,000 from Totally Wicked

Plus of course, they are both cheaper and more effective at stopping people smoking than either gum or patches.

Yup. Some very big companies produce nicotine patches and gum and both are priced absurdly high. I'm sure they've got lobbyists whispering in politicians ears all over Europe.

None story. I do think it's gotten to the point with cigarettes the government either mans up and bans them or just stops.

I don't smoke, my father's health has been destroyed by them so I'm not a huge fan. However, it is inconceivable now that people don't understand the risk of smoking so all this rubbish about plain packaging and images of body parts seems to be vindictive.

The three lifestyle risk factors in this country are smoking, drinking and obesity. I'm yet to see the government suggest putting picture of rotten livers on cider bottles or Eric Pickles face on a Big Mac.

I didn't see this the first time round, but tbh it's the sort of selfish non-but-actually-political behaviour I'm not surprised by. I wasn't planning to buy from them anyway but I shall be sure to let friends know.

People do the gum and patches, then go back to smoking, then they do the gum and patches again, then they go back to smoking, etc etc.

Yup. Some very big companies produce nicotine patches and gum and both are priced absurdly high. I'm sure they've got lobbyists whispering in politicians ears all over Europe.
Oh you cynical person you! Big pharma worried more about their profits than peoples health:D Shame on you!
Bet you sneak around your library looking for those evil e cig types?

None story. I do think it's gotten to the point with cigarettes the government either mans up and bans them or just stops.

I don't smoke, my father's health has been destroyed by them so I'm not a huge fan. However, it is inconceivable now that people don't understand the risk of smoking so all this rubbish about plain packaging and images of body parts seems to be vindictive.

The three lifestyle risk factors in this country are smoking, drinking and obesity. I'm yet to see the government suggest putting picture of rotten livers on cider bottles or Eric Pickles face on a Big Mac.

I really love your third suggestion:thumbs:
Imagine it, your just about to 'crunch down' on your Big Mac (or any other fast food equivalent) and there's a picture of picklegut leering up at you? :D

You may need a new coil/atomiser or a better device and fluid - there are some pretty bad ones out there, incl poor copies of better kit.

I have owned two different (those pre loaded cartridges) e cigs and had a good go on a few of friends devices (those being pretty good gear that your refill yourself) and all of them make me cough a lot.
With time, the ones I owned I kinda got use to and it got better but as soon as I got the slightest of coughs, I could no longer use them as the smallest puff sent me in to a coughing spasm.
It really pissed me off as technically I wanted to make the switch because of coughs and being a smoker,
Normal fags actually suppress a cough for a short while although yes I am totally aware long term it obviously makes them worse.

Every morning with an ecig it was like starting again. Going through the period of it making me cough loads until it settled down so I just gave up :(

People do the gum and patches, then go back to smoking, then they do the gum and patches again, then they go back to smoking, etc etc.

Yep.
I think you have to really be ready to stop or you won't. Simple as.
But I do think the ecigs for a lot of people seem to be a good interim until they are ready.

I bet they were good ones too, unlike my plastic pot, Ariel-ette washing up ball & biro contraption.
:eek: You did that too! I used rotastack tubes aswell. :thumbs:

Back on track I'm bored of all this banning and purtanical bullshit.
The only evidence I've seen is, how many more carcinogens are in cigarettes as opposed to ecigs. So why ban ecigs?

I love my puffers but in all honesty, I do not claim to have 'given up' anything...just changed the mode of delivery.
eta> I cannot bring myself to use the term 'vaping' as a verb - in my household, we puff.

Looking forward to my Da Vinci arriving any day now (for mega puffing my own green delight)

Back
Top Bottom