Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Two days in Preston / Lancashire

Plumdaff

joy in people
We're travelling up to Lytham / Blackpool for a weekend with mates to see the firework festival but plan to stay on afterwards to go to a football match in Preston on the Tuesday evening. This means we'll have two free days in the area.

What's worth seeing? We're two adults and a ten year old. We've access to a car so one idea was Clitheroe / Trough of Bowland but interested in indoor options too, especially things that might entertain a tween. Reasonable eating options also welcome!

About 20 years ago I spent four years going to Preston for a few days every couple of weeks. It was ok but I imagine all the pub and restaurants have all changed.

The old Leyland commercial vehicle museum was quite good. There used to be a gallery, but I think it’s being renovated. A more local urb will know I’m sure.

Blackpool for a day at least can’t go wrong with the Tower and the trams. The Pleasure beach is ok too if you like queues and being briefly upside down( and the illuminations are on now) . Probably the wrong time of year to go out with a sand pilot on Morecambe Bay but if you did get a nice day it’s an option. I like Fleetwood too.

Unfortunately we're in a bit of a cultural intergnum atm - the main museum/art gallery is closed for refurbishment, and there's still a bit of a post-covid lul elsewhere - not a lot to do indoors apart from the usual cinema/bowling alley/shopping type things you could do anywhere really. I'll give some thought to what might be of interest further afield - when are you here?

There's some good places to eat atm, what kind of thing are you into/what kind of budget?

We'll have spent the weekend in Blackpool so will have done that. Fleetwood is a good idea, I was considering a drive to Southport as well.

Eating - partner is veggie so needs to be vegetarian friendly, apart from that, we've got broad taste when it comes to food. Cheap to middling budget.

We're there Monday 31st October and Tuesday 1st November. I fancied the temperance bar but it'll be shut those days.

Being from the antisocial south east, going on the lash in Preston is usually a good, friendly night out. Not much use for a 10 year old tho.

Back
Top Bottom