Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Two arrested for murder after hunt supporter's death

I dont give a fuck I just cant believe gyrocopters exist and that I havent got one already

Well since the gyrocoptor crew and the hunt supporter were probably having an argument when the death occured .Pretty easy to justify the arrest
I would guess deciding on what charges will probably take longer .

Since it has been reported that the gyro was following hunts, I'm wondering if this guy was running to take it on as it landed?

I simply cannot believe that a licenced pilot on an aerodrome would be crazy enough to deliberately fly at any person on the ground.

Still, air-safety regs are very stringent and there may well appear to be some sort of case to answer?

Either way, the consequences don't bear thinking about - They would be picking-up bits over a wide area.

Since it has been reported that the gyro was following hunts, I'm wondering if this guy was running to take it on as it landed?

I simply cannot believe that a licenced pilot on an aerodrome would be crazy enough to deliberately fly at any person on the ground.

Still, air-safety regs are very stringent and there may well appear to be some sort of case to answer?

yeh this is what i think, he may have been running toward them mightn't he?

His wife's a witness :hmm::(

Rotor blades dont have to be turning that fast to still be lethal also can
move up and down quite a bit .Very easy to have an awfully messy accident .

Considering the way hunters and hunt sabs hate each other gyrocopter crew were probably painting a kill on the side of the plane when the coppers turned up.

I'm sure channel 4 news last night were reporting that the guy that got killed had been haeding towards the gyrocopter to 'ask them what they were doing'.

wouldn't surprise me at all if he did that standing in the way to stop them taking off thing, with the gyrocopter pilot presuming he'd bottle it and move, but he probably didn't see the blades or was just being a stubborn git and ended up dead.

He looked like someone who'd be fairly scary to have heading towards you in that sort of situation, and there's been enough cases of hunt sabs being attacked by hunt supporters to justify the pilot not wanting to stop to find out what his intentions were.

sad situation, but really wtf was he doing on the taxiway in the first place if not to confront the pilot?

Heh, if it were the other way round the police would have arrested the corpse for assault. Hunt sabs are fair game for sadists. Not that they're innocent of being arseholes mind, just that they can't away with it.

Nasty story, but hard to give a shit about really.

Yes, it is also worth remembering that the laws about trespassing on airfields & associated land were tough to begin with and have been tightened considerably in the last few years - As the deceased was not involved in aeronautics for a living, or appeared to be a pilot or other person with a pass and reason to be there, It would be quite reasonable to wonder what he was up to in the first place.

After all, another group were facing accusations of terrorism and demands that they be shot on sight for their airport protest last week.

Oh dear, how sad, never mind :D

What the hell was he doing on the airfield in the first place if not trying to cause trouble?

Reading between the lines of the reports I suspect the guy was hit by the propeller rather than the rotor.

The airfield manager, Anthony Hodges, said: "It was the only aircraft to land all day and I believe the aircraft hit him as it was taxiing on the runway."

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article5880691.ece

Reads as follows: Gyrocopter used to follow and possibly disrupt the hunt (possibly illegally). Hunter goes to airfield to bitch/fight/asknicelytostop, before after or during the discussion the Gyrocopter hits him and kills him. Quite possible he was tresspassing, quite possible there was threats and or raised emotions, game of chicken.

Apparently he followed the gyrocopter in his Landrover for 20miles to the airfield in order to confront the occupants. A gyrocopter has a non powered rotor & a powered propeller behind which is apparently what killed him.

I'm gonna tell the story how I read it, shoot me down in flames(sic)if you want.

Big bloke, hunt supporter(nice family man & part time thug)with all the gear, Barbour jacket & Landrover gets the 'ump with commie pinko hunt sabotuers. In fit of pique he charges onto airfield ready to tear pinko commies & their flimsy aircraft to pieces. Unfortunately he gets fatally whacked on't head with prop. Coppers ever on the side of the hunters & against pinko commie liberals(etc etc)arrest aviators on suspision of murder, I guess it will all get sorted in a couple of days & the 'copter back in the air with a new propeller. :D

Maybe it was his property.......

Long Marston? I very much doubt it.

Sorry but if you walk on to a runway when an aircraft of any description is taxiing and get hit then I have very little sympathy.

Sounds like a candidate for the Darwin Awards to me.

Apparently he followed the gyrocopter in his Landrover for 20miles to the airfield in order to confront the occupants. A gyrocopter has a non powered rotor & a powered propeller behind which is apparently what killed him.

I'm gonna tell the story how I read it, shoot me down in flames(sic)if you want.

Big bloke, hunt supporter(nice family man & part time thug)with all the gear, Barbour jacket & Landrover gets the 'ump with commie pinko hunt sabotuers. In fit of pique he charges onto airfield ready to tear pinko commies & their flimsy aircraft to pieces. Unfortunately he gets fatally whacked on't head with prop. Coppers ever on the side of the hunters & against pinko commie liberals(etc etc)arrest aviators on suspision of murder, I guess it will all get sorted in a couple of days & the 'copter back in the air with a new propeller. :D

Yeah, that's how I read it too.

*waits for further and better information*

:D

I'm having difficulty imagining how it could be done on purpose unless there was a propeller at the front and he was kind of mown down.

I'm fucked if I'd deliberately hit anything with a rotating propeller. There's no knowing which way the pieces are going to go.

Exactly how I see it. Police are being arseholes.

Back
Top Bottom