Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

TV entertainment package that includes really old (incl silent) films?

nightowl

Another day on that hamster wheel we call life
Bit of a fan of silent comedy so my ideal entertainment package would be something that goes right back to the early days in terms of content, as well as featuring the best of today's big films. Does such a thing exist?

I've just signed up to a free trial of benshi.fr which is a french streaming service of mostly children's films and programmes. It was the only place we could find to stream "A Christmas Panic" which is a really funny Belgian animation. Anyway, I noticed it also has a load of Harold Lloyd and Buster Keaton films.

It’s funny, the other night I was lamenting the fact the Netflix doesn’t have any good old movies…years ago you could find almost any classic.

possibly stating the obvious, but talking pictures TV has a fair bit of old stuff, although not noticed any silent films. it's on channel 82 freeview in my bit of the world, and does have an online / red button 'on demand' thing

While not the majority of the content MUBI has/gets a number of classics including silent films -e.g. The General, The Marriage Circle, Foolish Wives

There's quite a bit of old stuff on Flixtor, and you can sort the content by year, or by year ranges.

You'll probably have to sign-up for the VIP service but it's pretty much the only streaming package you'll need.

Back
Top Bottom