Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Turkey is scrapping visa for UK peoples from next month.

Well the government no longer gets that $35, and as a tourist you can spend your money wisely, at family run establishments, travel to predominantly Kurdish areas and spend your pounds there...

Tell me, do you buy things that have been made in China? I would suggest that they are considerably worse than Turkey re human rights. The39thStep
I think to try and package Turkeys attack on Kurdish forces in Syria as a general human rights issue in a heirarchy of human rights misuse misses the point Sas tbh. If you want to go on holiday there fine not regarding you as somehow a lesser human being just saying my own view.

I think to try and package Turkeys attack on Kurdish forces in Syria as a general human rights issue in a heirarchy of human rights misuse misses the point Sas tbh. If you want to go on holiday there fine not regarding you as somehow a lesser human being just saying my own view.

I do take your point, I share your view of Erdogan's politics, he is an utter shit.

We go to Turkey simply because the value for money is astonishing, and the guarantee of 14 days of sunshine is also a factor. We go on holiday abroad once a year, this will be our third year at the same hotel.

It is the cleanest hotel I've ever been in. Excellent food, and superb staff. When we went last year, our second year, the waitress in the lobby bar not only remembered us, but remembered what we drank. the fact that about 90% of the staff were the same was also a factor in booking this year. There are a lot of hotels along the strip, the fact that the staff have been there for at least two years indicates that they are being treated decently.

I rather gave up trying to buy ethically and not buy from China when I bought a Phillips radio. A Dutch company. On opening the battery compartment, a little sticker saying 'Made in China'. :facepalm:

I was chatting with a friend who has a friend working in Istanbul, great time to travel if you can ever get there! 1 GBP is now worth 8.8 Lira :eek:
The lockdown approach appears to be "just get on with it."

As brits get the yearning for sun and Europe may be in various stages of lockdown over the summer, I can see Turkey getting vast amounts of visitors- assuming the airlines get the go ahead for flghts

I do take your point, I share your view of Erdogan's politics, he is an utter shit.

We go to Turkey simply because the value for money is astonishing, and the guarantee of 14 days of sunshine is also a factor. We go on holiday abroad once a year, this will be our third year at the same hotel.

It is the cleanest hotel I've ever been in. Excellent food, and superb staff. When we went last year, our second year, the waitress in the lobby bar not only remembered us, but remembered what we drank. the fact that about 90% of the staff were the same was also a factor in booking this year. There are a lot of hotels along the strip, the fact that the staff have been there for at least two years indicates that they are being treated decently.

I rather gave up trying to buy ethically and not buy from China when I bought a Phillips radio. A Dutch company. On opening the battery compartment, a little sticker saying 'Made in China'. :facepalm:

It’s really not value for money when it costs a pound for a thimble of tea, and don’t take any women with cos they be objectified in the street.

a2e0cbdaae96c892f98f346aa76a0003.jpg

Amazing that you can go somewhere like this without a visa.

Torquay?! :confused:

If you put a ruler under the first line in my post you’ll spot the word personally .

yeah. unfortunately for many, i find peoples personal crises utterly nauseating when they then decide to fuck people over and it shows up the farce of human rights for what it is. So i don't deal in that currency. It's nothing personal gov, as it were.

The lockdown approach appears to be "just get on with it."
Not really true at all. Under 20s and over 65s have effectively been under house arrest for two months. We’ve had curfews every weekend for the last five weeks, sometimes as long as four days. Parks and seasides remain closed. Masks are mandatory. I’d say far more has been done here than in the uk.

On the coast, near Antalya.

Friends of ours go to Kalkan frequently and have been told by their hotelier, who I believe has become a family friend, that whilst they're locked down at the moment they think they'll be back in business in mid-late June. They've booked 2 weeks at the beginning of October. I'm tempted to join them, tbh.

Not really true at all. Under 20s and over 65s have effectively been under house arrest for two months. We’ve had curfews every weekend for the last five weeks, sometimes as long as four days. Parks and seasides remain closed. Masks are mandatory. I’d say far more has been done here than in the uk.
Thanks for the clarification. Well it seems to have worked for them. Interesting they've had a lot of cases but fewer deaths than the UK?

Turkey Deaths 4,431cases 159,797

Back
Top Bottom