Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tulse Hill news, chitter chatter and gossip

Was at the White Hart yesterday for the Sunday jazz, busier than i'd ever seen it.
Felt a real sense of change in the air. The regulars are still there but there's a newer, younger crowd too.

Why is there no menu to view from outside the new Italian. I don't wanna have to go in and look at one...
I got given a rather jumbled version of their menu at 5pm on Friday, and had to knock up a quick, but neat and legible version ready for the next day - so that's all they have at the moment, and it's 9 pages long. I'll be doing a smaller version soon (it's a freebie job, as the owner's a friend), and that'll be going in the window. There's a LOT of options on the menu, though not a great deal of vegetarian stuff at the moment. A couple I know went there on Saturday night and said it was a bit pricey, but the food they had was excellent, and large portions. And I know myself, from chatting with the chef, that everything is made fresh and not from frozen ingredients. Prices range from about £8 to £15.
On a different note, does anyone know why the White Hart closed before 10pm on Saturday? I was going to go in, but - in a non-metaphorical sense - the lights were on but there was no-one home.

I got given a rather jumbled version of their menu at 5pm on Friday, and had to knock up a quick, but neat and legible version ready for the next day - so that's all they have at the moment, and it's 9 pages long. I'll be doing a smaller version soon (it's a freebie job, as the owner's a friend), and that'll be going in the window. There's a LOT of options on the menu, though not a great deal of vegetarian stuff at the moment. A couple I know went there on Saturday night and said it was a bit pricey, but the food they had was excellent, and large portions. And I know myself, from chatting with the chef, that everything is made fresh and not from frozen ingredients. Prices range from about £8 to £15.
On a different note, does anyone know why the White Hart closed before 10pm on Saturday? I was going to go in, but - in a non-metaphorical sense - the lights were on but there was no-one home.
They really need to sort this veggie issue out as I know a lot of veggie types in Tulse Hill. Lots of Italian food is veggie too so it's just stupid. Please tell me they have a spicy tomato sauce AKA Arrabiata? Are they also doing PIZZA?!

I don't know why the Hart was closed btw but I think if a pub closes early on a Saturday night there might have been a bit of bother...They had a smashed window a few weeks ago but that happened in daylight apparently.

What are we voting on?

Presents

Head to Head supper club
With Harriet from Adnams & Gid from Cave de Pyrene
23rd February 2014
@7:30pm

Salmon ceviche, avocado & lime, Sicilian tomatoes

Braised ox cheek, crispy tongue, celeriac & brussel tops

Rhubarb mille feuille, orange & rosewater sorbet

Lancashire Bomb, apple & oatcakes

All served with matching beer from Adnams & organic wine from Cave de Pyrene

Who gets your vote?

£50 per person
Tickets pre paid in advance
Limited availability

No Images? Click here · Unsubscribe
Tulse Hill Hotel
150 Norwood Rd,
Herne Hill
SE24 9AY

020 8671 7499

eat@tulsehillhotel.com
sleep@tulsehillhotel.com
Like · Tweet · Forward
o.gif

And
What are we voting on?

Presents

Head to Head supper club
23rd February 2014

Who gets your vote?

£50 per person
Limited availability

Tulse Hill Hotel
150 Norwood Rd,
Herne Hill
SE24 9AY

020 8671 7499

eat@tulsehillhotel.com
sleep@tulsehillhotel.com
Like · Tweet · Forward
o.gif
and check the address...Herne Hill, wtf? Pretentious pricks

I believe that the THT IS technically Herne Hill since it's SE24 and the White Hart is technically West Norwood - being SE27. But then those of on the SW2 side of the quadrant are technically Brixton and the tyre shop is snooty West Dulwich. We all know we're Tulse Hill really. Why pretend otherwise. :D

I believe that the THT IS technically Herne Hill since it's SE24 and the White Hart is technically West Norwood - being SE27. But then those of on the SW2 side of the quadrant are technically Brixton and the tyre shop is snooty West Dulwich. We all know we're Tulse Hill really. Why pretend otherwise. :D
So what postcode is actually Tulse Hill?!

The 4 postcodes meet at that junction, SW2, SE24, SE21, SE27 - so Tulse Hill train station is technically in West Norwood. Tulse Hill (the road) is in SW2. The Tulse Hill surgery - also SW2. Once you cross under the bridge on Leigham Vale (by Sandy and Sandra's old house), you're in SW16 - Streatham but according to Gogglebox - they were in Brixton!

It doesn't really exist in that respect - it's a train station, a road and a ward - but not a place for postcode purposes. But under no circumstances must this ever be admitted.
L

eta.. also probably best to leave it here - otherwise we risk restarting the Great Postcode Wars.. ;):D
Let's...

What are we voting on?

Presents

Head to Head supper club
23rd February 2014

Who gets your vote?

£50 per person
Limited availability

Tulse Hill Hotel
150 Norwood Rd,
Herne Hill
SE24 9AY

020 8671 7499

eat@tulsehillhotel.com
sleep@tulsehillhotel.com
Like · Tweet · Forward
o.gif
I'm presuming it's Harriet or Gid. I wonder if Gid is short for Gideon.

As the current Chancellor of the Exchequer is a Gid, I'll be voting for Harriet just in case I unwittingly use my vote on that bastard and it becomes binding in the general election.

I'm presuming it's Harriet or Gid. I wonder if Gid is short for Gideon.

As the current Chancellor of the Exchequer is a Gid, I'll be voting for Harriet just in case I unwittingly use my vote on that bastard and it becomes binding in the general election.
Aren't they banning the Gideon bibles/bibles in general in public places or trying to? In any case, it's a terrible name and I think it'll be a hung vote...

I think most people want to be in Dulwich, present company excluded. Dulwich Village is about 25m long but people seem to think it goes from Crystal Palace at the South, Camberwell at the North, Brixton at the West and Peckham to the East.

I'm Tulse Hill and I'm proud.

Back
Top Bottom