Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tulse Hill news, chitter chatter and gossip

I never went in the old place....probably wont go in this one....something about that building gives me a weird feeling.
It was bad. And the carpets were filthy. Apparently it changed owners at some point but I never felt the need to try again. Lal Baag is the best Indian (eat in) place within a ten minute walk I reckon.

Yeah I like the guy from VM. Don't eat there much but they're always very nice to me.

Went past the new place earlier. They look like they've probably got those hollowed out frozen oranges with sorbet in. Looked like a bunfight tonight but will give it a go sometime.
Sorbets?? I

Where is this new Italian? I can't follow all the G8/7 business as I can't remember which one is which.

it's in the old curry house - right by the traffic lights to cross to Tulse Hill train station, opposite Ouch/cafe - next to the alleyway to the artists units basically.

Cheers gaijingirl , so it's Indian Palace which has been changed to an Italian, but it's owned by the same people who run Village Masala? Don't think I ever went into Indian Palace.

Had a curry with Mrs R in VM the first time we met. We were both lurking in the Railway one Monday night 'cos we both had broken boilers and no heating. A mate introduced us, then got hideously drunk and passed out. We dragged him to VM to sober him up and he fell asleep in his curry. Blind date, Tulse Hill style :D

Went to the opening of the new Italian restaurant last night. Free drinks and free buffet. Food was good but ran out fast and Dominoes came to the rescue. A few minor mishaps the air conditioning was on all night and couldn't be turned off and no menus or prices so we will have to wait and see.

I went along to the new Italian place last night, and I was pretty underwhelmed, which is a shame because I like the VM people and their food's not bad. There was bugger all vegetarian food, except for salad and plain boiled spaghetti... well, until the Domino's man arrived (which was comical) and I got a tiny slice of pizza. On the plus side, there was free beer, and the background spectacle of Carlos from Station Rise climbing up and down the coffee machine, trying to get it to work. If they could get him to come and do that every night, I reckon the place would be packed. It seemed like the evening was really more of a 'thank you' event for the builders, who devoured ears, nose and testicle (or whatever was in those meatballs) like it was the last meal they'll get this year. They'd even hired in a screaming toddler from www.spoilyourevening.com
And yes, it was freezing in there. I hope they sort things out a bit better for when it opens properly (next week, I think).

Cheers gaijingirl , so it's Indian Palace which has been changed to an Italian, but it's owned by the same people who run Village Masala? Don't think I ever went into Indian Palace.

Had a curry with Mrs R in VM the first time we met. We were both lurking in the Railway one Monday night 'cos we both had broken boilers and no heating. A mate introduced us, then got hideously drunk and passed out. We dragged him to VM to sober him up and he fell asleep in his curry. Blind date, Tulse Hill style :D
I went along to the new Italian place last night, and I was pretty underwhelmed, which is a shame because I like the VM people and their food's not bad. There was bugger all vegetarian food, except for salad and plain boiled spaghetti... well, until the Domino's man arrived (which was comical) and I got a tiny slice of pizza. On the plus side, there was free beer, and the background spectacle of Carlos from Station Rise climbing up and down the coffee machine, trying to get it to work. If they could get him to come and do that every night, I reckon the place would be packed. It seemed like the evening was really more of a 'thank you' event for the builders, who devoured ears, nose and testicle (or whatever was in those meatballs) like it was the last meal they'll get this year. They'd even hired in a screaming toddler from www.spoilyourevening.com
And yes, it was freezing in there. I hope they sort things out a bit better for when it opens properly (next week, I think).
Oh dear...I'll have a word.

It's VM guys yes

That building is cursed...I'm convinced...

There is a bike rack which has gone up at Tulse Hill station. It's in the shape of a car. Maybe space for eight bikes on four bars. It has either been taken here from somewhere else or else the local taggers have been quick off the mark.

Back
Top Bottom