Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tooting & Mitcham v Billericay

We scored too early. Just for a moment....... Then we fell to pieces for 10 minutes. We had other chances but then so did they. Could have been 8-5. The goals conceded don’t lie - unfortunately. But hey, it’s far too early to hear the fat lady singing. Can’t wait for financial fair play in the Bostik League - as if I’m jealous.

Glad you enjoyed your afternoon. Probably pretty entertaining for the ‘almost‘ neutrals!

PS Mishi - shame you couldn’t make it.
PPS TonySingh - you can turn the lights on now

Just to say I’ve enjoyed my day out on your Forum.

A final thought. There’s certain language that isn’t tolerated on the Tooting Forum and I believe it’s all the better for it. But hey, it’s your Forum and you can tell me to..........
What language and why is it banned from your extremely quiet forum?

Hi Ed.

No it isn’t banned it’s self policed. And you’d be quiet as well at the moment.:)

And it’s pretty unbecoming of you to ask daft questions. As I said it’s your Forum.

Hi Ed.

No it isn’t banned it’s self policed. And you’d be quiet as well at the moment.:)

And it’s pretty unbecoming of you to ask daft questions. As I said it’s your Forum.
Strange answer. I just wanted to know which words/phrases (described by you as "certain language") were banned.

Editor.

Not strange at all. Your Forum is, quite rightly, open to all. Which probably means you have some younger members signed up to the Forum. I would love to know from the members on here whether they feel comfortable with the regular use of the C word. No, I don't begin to even suggest you should be censoring the content but I do wonder if a bit more thought might go in to who's reading the material. As I said - 'certain language'. Everyone's entitled to the occasional rant and expletive.

Or, it may seem, that I'm in a minority and as a society anything goes. Now, one or two did like my initial posting. I guess that must have been my reference to enjoying my day out on your Forum - which I did - rather than my reference to 'certain language'.

Why don't you ask your members and have an open debate about it? That's assuming you feel comfortable with a bit of free speech!

Come on you lot. Tell me you're happy with absolutely any language.

Or perhaps you should just like the post to show which side of the fence you sit on!

Why don't you ask your members and have an open debate about it? That's assuming you feel comfortable with a bit of free speech!
You seem a bit mixed up here. On the one hand you appear to be unhappy about people being able to post whatever they want, but then you ask if I would feel "comfortable with a bit of free speech" :confused:

Editor - this is getting a bit tiresome. Re-read my post.

Not being tolerated and banned are entirely different. We've had the debate and that's where we are. This is your debate and it's your members who should have the discussion. Although, on this topic, like the Tooting Forum it all seems a bit quiet.

Feel free to remove my name from your membership.

Just to say I’ve enjoyed my day out on your Forum.

A final thought. There’s certain language that isn’t tolerated on the Tooting Forum and I believe it’s all the better for it. But hey, it’s your Forum and you can tell me to..........
You started it...by talking about t*****g...

Good on 59robbery for calling out some of the shit and abuse which is dished out on this forum, including from a club committee member, which puts me off posting these days. Shame the observation has to come from outside.

Football forums attract some very odd people, some of whom should just be shouting at the bins instead. But we pride ourselves on being different. We shouldn't have to tolerate some of the shit that gets casually lobbed around here.

We talk a lot, sometimes piously, about making Champion Hill as welcoming as it can be. But we fail to make this forum the same. People being called cunts for attending a football match. I mean, just think about that for a moment. Abuse dished out because someone says they would rather not travel by coach to an away match. Really?

I don't necessarily agree with blocking swearing, because the nature of the rest of U75 involves some robust language. And I know we can mute stuff, and I have done, but that only kicks the can down the road. If this forum's going to prosper, and not be met with rolled eyeballs when it's mentioned, then this stuff needs to be dealt with.

Editor - this is getting a bit tiresome. Re-read my post.

Not being tolerated and banned are entirely different. We've had the debate and that's where we are. This is your debate and it's your members who should have the discussion. Although, on this topic, like the Tooting Forum it all seems a bit quiet.

Feel free to remove my name from your membership.

Yeah Ban him... Pain in the arse at our place anyway....

I think that we should all remember that this is a large & rather broad forum. Urban75 has been around a lot longer than we've been using it as the main message board for Dulwich Hamlet.

As for people calling people Cunts for going to game, just ignore it. It was generic and not aimed at any specific individual, also and most importantly the person chucking around those insults is a Prick!

BTW I enjoy coming on this forum

Finbarr-Saunders-006.jpg

Back in the day there was a definite rivalry with Tooting. Partly because football needs a bit of that rather than fall into a slightly dull love fest of other teams.
BUT let's be honest, for the vast majority of new fans over the last five years or so, they aren't really signed up to that way of thinking. It'd be lazy to fall into the trap of suggesting many are in the day tripper category, but they just are not going to get frothed at the mouth over a DHFC Tooting rivalry.

I'm a fine one to talk as I've barely been to a game this season, but really, if a group of fans want to go along and watch a match....well they can't be labelled c-bombs left right and centre.
Each to their own.
To be honest, back in the day I often hated Bromley a lot more.

This forum certainly has changed.

A few weeks ago people were issuing twitter apologies to people when I called Steve McKimm a cunt on this very forum and loads of people came to that manager's defence.

But since he retweeted an anti-immigration and anti-feminist made up story by a fantasist nazi. Everyone seems to be very quiet on the topic.

Steve McKimm is a very dim cunt that retweets fascists. Don't worry though as he is held in high regard by many people.

Capture.png

This forum certainly has changed.

A few weeks ago people were issuing twitter apologies to people when I called Steve McKimm a cunt on this very forum and loads of people came to that manager's defence.

But since he retweeted an anti-immigration and anti-feminist made up story by a fantasist nazi. Everyone seems to be very quiet on the topic.

Steve McKimm is a very dim cunt that retweets fascists. Don't worry though as he is held in high regard by many people.

Capture.png

I've no idea who Steve McKimm is or why I should care what he belches out on a social network, but well done on a first-class piece of whataboutery there.

I've no idea who Steve McKimm is or why I should care what he belches out on a social network, but well done on a first-class piece of whataboutery there.
Steve McKimm is a former Dulwich Hamlet player, who is the manager of Tonbridge Angels. They play in the same division as us, in case you haven't heard of them either.

Good on 59robbery for calling out some of the shit and abuse which is dished out on this forum, including from a club committee member, which puts me off posting these days. Shame the observation has to come from outside.

Football forums attract some very odd people, some of whom should just be shouting at the bins instead. But we pride ourselves on being different. We shouldn't have to tolerate some of the shit that gets casually lobbed around here.

We talk a lot, sometimes piously, about making Champion Hill as welcoming as it can be. But we fail to make this forum the same. People being called cunts for attending a football match. I mean, just think about that for a moment. Abuse dished out because someone says they would rather not travel by coach to an away match. Really?

I don't necessarily agree with blocking swearing, because the nature of the rest of U75 involves some robust language. And I know we can mute stuff, and I have done, but that only kicks the can down the road. If this forum's going to prosper, and not be met with rolled eyeballs when it's mentioned, then this stuff needs to be dealt with.
I wonder who that Committee Member night be? There's more than one Committee Member who posts on here? And, lest you forget, all Committee Members are still supporters.
If behaviour is unacceptable to you please contact the Chairman.
And if you mean me...at least have the bollocks to say so...

Back
Top Bottom