Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Titanic tourist sub missing

Oh sorry, it was comparing with 'average'poorer people, not people who earn 50K.

The point is rich people live longer. You keep sticking up for the poor billionaires though.
Nope not once have I wrote anything that implied sticking up for billionaires (how do you come to that conclusion?) The point I made is that being super-rich does not buy you a longer lifespan than the general populace.
They do have a longer lifespan than the very poorest members of society but then so do most other members of society. The conclusion being that the point at which wealth reduces your chances of dying earlier is a lot lower than being a billionaire, a millionaire or even being comfortably middle-class.

Nope not once have I wrote anything that implied sticking up for billionaires (how do you come to that conclusion?) The point I made is that being super-rich does not buy you a longer lifespan than the general populace.
They do have a longer lifespan than the very poorest members of society but then so do most other members of society. The conclusion being that the point at which wealth reduces your chances of dying earlier is a lot lower than being a billionaire, a millionaire or even being comfortably middle-class.
Exactly. I think that’s interesting. It’s a shame it can’t be discussed properly without ‘you love billionaires’ being flung around. Things that would improve peoples lives (like finding out exactly why somewhere like Glasgow has such trouble compared to broadly similar cities) lies in the shadows of this stuff. Shadows which include people shouting ‘you love billionaires’. Why make the shade worse.

Exactly. I think that’s interesting. It’s a shame it can’t be discussed properly without ‘you love billionaires’ being flung around. Things that would improve peoples lives (like finding out exactly why somewhere like Glasgow has such trouble compared to broadly similar cities) lies in the shadows of this stuff. Shadows which include people shouting ‘you love billionaires’. Why make the shade worse.
I’m surprised that you’re unable to join the dots between the existence of Billionaires and low life expectancy in working class communities.
If only someone had written about this kind of thing.

I’m surprised that you’re unable to join the dots between the existence of Billionaires and low life expectancy in working class communities.
If only someone had written about this kind of thing.
I’m not surprised you keep demolishing points that were never made with a proud flourish. But I’m not your mummy, so I’m not going to clap at the contents of your potty, still less sigh indulgently at the fact you’ve largely missed again. There is not one person on this thread - including me - who has defended or otherwise spoken for the billionaire class. Stick your patronising join the dots shite up your arse.

Last edited:
The lower orders are managing fine.. sleeping on the streets or sofa surfing, living fulfilled lives in precarious jobs surrounded by a collapsing welfare state and enjoying being bullied by the lackeys of the struggling rich and their defenders. Goodness me the poor even go to early graves without complaint! What better evidence could there be that everything is for the best in the best of all possible worlds.

The lower orders are managing fine.. sleeping on the streets or sofa surfing, living fulfilled lives in precarious jobs surrounded by a collapsing welfare state and enjoying being bullied by the lackeys of the struggling rich and their defenders. Goodness me the poor even go to early graves without complaint! What better evidence could there be that everything is for the best in the best of all possible worlds.
Who here said any of that was OK? Nobody. That’s not a straw man, that’s a straw metropolitan area.

I’m not surprised you keep demolishing points that were never made with a proud flourish. But I’m not your mummy, so I’m not going to clap at the contents of your potty, still less sigh indulgently at the fact you’ve largely missed again. There is not one person on this thread - including me - who has defended or otherwise spoken for the billionaire class. Stick your patronising join the dots shite up your arse.
I sense annoyance here. :D

Anyway, didn't come for this. They've got bits of the sub up now. They look suspiciously round. We were all promised they had been flattened into pancakes in less time than it took a human brain to realise.

Who here said any of that was OK? Nobody. That’s not a straw man, that’s a straw metropolitan area.
i suppose it is a question of what is chosen for emphasis? Slinging stats around, creating grey areas when poverty and extreme wealth clearly and empirically co-exist in the UK inc' muddies the water, and actually throws a veil over the dire consequences of class stratification.

i suppose it is a question of what is chosen for emphasis? Slinging stats around, creating grey areas when poverty and extreme wealth clearly and empirically co-exist in the UK inc' muddies the water, and actually throws a veil over the dire consequences of class stratification.
That’s what I said.

Yes, some. But mainly mild irritation rather than anything else. I can’t be taking lessons in logic from someone with yours. That would be like Sister Wendy telling the world how to give a good blowjob rather than talking us through her favourite paintings.
I know you’re soft trolling, but I like that kind of thing.

Reactions: Ax^
Presumably some elasticity is retained in individual graphite parts of the tooob once it has collapsed flat killing occupants, before re assuming original shape?

I know you’re soft trolling, but I like that kind of thing.
I’m not. I was trying to have a measured discussion about something that had come up in the course of the conversation, without being accused of trawling for sympathy for the billionaire class for discussing them in more context than ‘kill them all’, and without being told I can’t join the dots on points I never actually made. So yes, I am mildly irritated.

I’m not. I was trying to have a measured discussion about something that had come up in the course of the conversation, without being accused of trawling for sympathy for the billionaire class for discussing them in more context than ‘kill them all’, and without being told I can’t join the dots on points I never actually made. So yes, I am mildly irritated.
No you’re not. Anyway.

No you’re not. Anyway.
I love it when a man tells a woman what she’s doing and how she feels, especially after it’s already been explained by that woman. That’s something that isn’t class dependent - billionaires do it, millionaires do it, titled men do it, middle and working class men do it, and those who want to operate the guillotine do it. That’s one more thing you have in common with Stockton Rush that I don’t.

Anyway, didn't come for this. They've got bits of the sub up now. They look suspiciously round. We were all promised they had been flattened into pancakes in less time than it took a human brain to realise.

That looks like bits of the tail that were never pressurised so would have popped off and held their shape when it all went pffft.

1687972577539.png

I love it when a man tells a woman what she’s doing and how she feels, especially after it’s already been explained by that woman. That’s something that isn’t class dependent - billionaires do it, millionaires do it, titled men do it, middle and working class men do it, and those who want to operate the guillotine do it. That’s one more thing you have in common with Stockton Rush that I don’t.
I know this is churlish, but neither of us really know each other’s sex, do we?
And it’s just words on a screen. I could be your Nan as far as you know.

I know this is churlish, but neither of us really know each other’s sex, do we?
And it’s just words on a screen. I could be your Nan as far as you know.
One is dead and the other is on probation with restrictions on the tech allowed to her for the time being due to her malicious nature, so I doubt it. Whoever you might be, you’re neither of my grandmothers.

So the hull part is still missing? Or basically doesn’t exist anymore?

The carbon fibre bit may have disintegrated to the point of being unrecoverable, no idea. Could be bits in the indistinct black area of the electronics pic, but I'd guess it would all fully detach. They presumably have the titanium end caps, so it may also just be that they were more careful covering the bit that had people in.

The carbon fibre bit may have disintegrated to the point of being unrecoverable, no idea. Could be bits in the indistinct black area of the electronics pic, but I'd guess it would all fully detach. They presumably have the titanium end caps, so it may also just be that they were more careful covering the bit that had people in.
I read that they had those end caps early on. I think both were found in perfect condition on the seafloor, and neither attached to anything else, having been blown clean off the body during the implosion.

Back
Top Bottom