Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Titanic tourist sub missing

I do wonder about some of you peoples sense of rationality. The fact you don’t seem to understand why this has captured the imagination against other horrific much more Numerous tragedies it’s no wonder the left is fucked. if you are advocating. Clueless, you don’t understand humans at all. yeah shit posting. I know.
Sadly these much more numerous tragedies you refer to indeed fail to capture our imaginations.But you may be sure that they are capturing imaginations as we speak in places like Cote d'Ivoire,Mali,Nigeria etc.This is crap about " not understanding humans" but hey it's Friday night🙂

If Bojo thinks this is inspiring, I think we can do a GoFundMe to provide Geoff in Flint (who has already drawn a prototype up on some napkins in the pub) to fashion a vessel out of an old gas tank and some cabling that somehow came in to his possession.

Off you go Johnson, into the abyss for Britain. #swashbuckling #worldbeating
Made out of a fridge, and dead in a deep sea ditch would be appropriate considering his past rhetoric.

I have a feeling the company is gonna file for bankruptcy before compensation claims are made.
Why not? Everybody else does. Just part of wonderful innovative neoliberal capitalism (we wouldn't have dodgy submarines if it wasn't for these captains of industry).

Why not? Everybody else does. Just part of wonderful innovative neoliberal capitalism (we wouldn't have dodgy submarines if it wasn't for these captains of industry).
wouldn't their insurance company (if they had one) still be liable after bankruptucy though?

wouldn't their insurance company (if they had one) still be liable after bankruptucy though?
Depends on the insurance agreement and the company I guess. Lloyds do a lot of marine stuff. I think they can seize assets of the firm and the outstanding value of any part paid shares if the laws are similar to ours but take that with a pinch of salt (i haven't worked in finance for 25 years) if it's a limited liability entity. Depends on what type of organisation, who owns what, etc. They'd have to prove bankruptcy.

Have we had this yet?

OceanGate CEO Stockton Rush email exchange with Submersible Operations Expert (Rob McCallum)

View attachment 380512

I've been wondering from the beginning whether the submersible was double hulled.
That video by the engineer above is very good. Covers the problems with the hull being made out of carbon fibre/fibreglass or whatever it was, the structure not being uniform, etc. Also mentions the problems with this type of Deep Sea Vehicle, being something along the lines of you don't get a leak, either the hull holds, or it doesn't.

IIRC it was the search for the wrecks of the Thresher and Scorpion that was the real purpose of Bob Ballard's hunt for the Titanic, which was pretty-much a cover story - He only got to look for the Titanic once he had found them for the US Navy who bankrolled his operation and he didn't get very long to look for it.
Yes and a Navy submersible was used in the expedition. Safety was paramount

Back
Top Bottom