Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Three found guilty of homophobic murder of Dr Jenkins in Bute Park, Cardiff

You'd also hope we'd be past this type of shit. :(😡

'Stonewall also raised concerns at the way the prosecution presented the case, telling the jury that the victim’s “sexual predilections would be his undoing” and that he was well liked despite his “lifestyle choices or peccadilloes”.'

Kiss goodbye to freedom for hopefully decades, you vile scumbags

After the attack, Edwards and Timms-Williams embraced. Strickland bought a bottle of whisky using a card stolen from Jenkins. The girl appeared cheerful, contacted her mother to say she did not need picking up and stayed the night with a friend.

1643921168164.png
1643921216624.png

It makes me incredibly sad and angry at the same time that people are still murdered because of bigotry around who they are.

I hope a whole life tariff is given to each of them at sentencing.

He also revealed that a piece of evidence, which had not been put before the jury, was a statement from Strickland's ex-girlfriend saying he had targeted gay men in the park regularly.
Witness Louis Williams said he had seen a man on the floor with three people around him, pulling at his bag and kicking and punching him.
He said the three were "egging each other on, laughing and aggressive".

Cowardly fucking shitbags.

It makes me incredibly sad and angry at the same time that people are still murdered because of bigotry around who they are.

I hope a whole life tariff is given to each of them at sentencing.

Sadly not likely, the starting point for a beating murder is 15 (12 for an under 18). Of course here there are a number of aggravating factors; the homophobia and that they robbed him both will up the number a fair bit. If they have form for previous robberies of gay men in the same park, that will see the years go up, and their contempt of the court proceedings and lack of remorse will all go against them. Would imagine somewhere around 23-25. Would like it to be longer, if a weapon other than fists and boots is used the starting point is much higher, (25 for knife, 30 for gun).

You'd also hope we'd be past this type of shit. :(😡

'Stonewall also raised concerns at the way the prosecution presented the case, telling the jury that the victim’s “sexual predilections would be his undoing” and that he was well liked despite his “lifestyle choices or peccadilloes”.'

My god

Sadly not. Homophobic crime is on the increase. As of 2021, it hit a three year high. And that is only those who have reported it. It's estimated that up to four out of five attacks go unreported. That is the reality.
I know. :( I was talking specifically about this though:

She only met the other two murderers for the first time the day of the murder. I can’t get my head round that bit.
It's a big park in the centre of town and there's a culture there of meeting up with friends and big groups of people intermingling. I can see how a young person could easily end up with a crowd of wrong 'uns and get drawn into their actions to fit in/be accepted.

Not condoning her behaviour in any way, she was a willing participant. But knowing the culture over there and how wrecked up people get I can see how she ended up behaving monstrously.

It's a big park in the centre of town and there's a culture there of meeting up with friends and big groups of people intermingling. I can see how a young person could easily end up with a crowd of wrong 'uns and get drawn into their actions to fit in/be accepted.

Not condoning her behaviour in any way, she was a willing participant. But knowing the culture over there and how wrecked up people get I can see how she ended up behaving monstrously.

It's quite something shocking that she was drawn into murder on first acquaintance with the others.

A shared hatred of gay men or... what?

These guys, one of them at least, had form but what was her motivation?

It shows a pic of them meeting on Queen St I think, they gave her a can of cider when sat on a bench

e2a in the bbc link in OP, says they met for the first time at 23:00 that night

Fucked up

Ms Power, who was one of the founders of the LGBTQ+ charity Stonewall, told BBC Radio Wales Breakfast: "Sadly this is something that happens all too often in our community and there is actually a rising level of hate crime against all kinds of LGBT people.
"Nothing stopped these people from what was clearly a very random attack and that's something everybody who's LGBT does live in fear of.

It's quite something shocking that she was drawn into murder on first acquaintance with the others.

A shared hatred of gay men or... what?

These guys, one of them at least, had form but what was her motivation?

Amazingly there are reports of her having had same-sex relationships previously.

Back
Top Bottom