Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Wire comes to BBC2 (Spoiler free, please)

PM sent.

I need an office. 'Working from home' really is just another name for 'posting on Urban75 and getting fuck all done' isn't it.

I accidentally nodded off after the first five mins then woke up right at the end all confused, anyone fill me in on last nights episode plz?

Is this thread being run at Beeb pace? I'm not going to read the damned thing if we're going to get unspoilered stuff from you old hands.

Loving it so far.

Wayhay the great Steve Earle :cool:,the look on the drivers face when Daniels said 'Lieutenant' when they were sitting in the kitchen:D

the look on the drivers face when Daniels said 'Lieutenant' when they were sitting in the kitchen:D
The episode where Marla and Daniels go schmoozing?
That driver is an actor mate of Dave Chappelle's.:) Considering the Wire cast were pretty much 'unknowns' up to that point, I squealed to see one of the Chappelle's Show regulars turn up.

I was already totally hooked by that episode, but seeing the random robot-dance guy, and Dave's chief scene-stealer, gave that moment extra jokes for me.

This is so fucking addictive - esp. with the subtitles - that I can't help jumping ahead to watch extra episodes online - and staying up til 4 in the morning and getting nothing done the next day.

Damn you, american tv people! :mad:

So who out of the early ep doubters have been converted yet? I see BH still thinks it's average, and that dialogue based on talking with real people is 'cliché', but aside from that any early doubters changed their minds?

I enjoyed watching it on telly again. I had forgotten how good it was. After the first episode the other week, I ended up watching the entire series again. One episode a night isn't enough!

Oh, and whilst I am talking about The Wire, I had a Wire related dream last night, when I joined them on a bust of Aleister Crowley, who looked exactly like Martin Amis.

So who out of the early ep doubters have been converted yet? I see BH still thinks it's average, and that dialogue based on talking with real people is 'cliché', but aside from that any early doubters changed their minds?

I'm enjoying it much more second time round. Took me too long to get the lingo/accent the first time, I think. Still not sure whether I'll like the second series, though.

Oh, and whilst I am talking about The Wire, I had a Wire related dream last night, when I joined them on a bust of Aleister Crowley, who looked exactly like Martin Amis.

That is possibly the most awesome dream ever, I'm surprised you let yourself wake up.

You have to invest the time and effort in it, not one to watch with other people dotting about. I've watched every episode of the DVD's that I have after the wife and weans are in bed (and I preferably have a beer).

Well I have'nt missed an ep yet,dont normaly watch stuff like this,last cop series I really got into was Hill Street Blues showing me age here :oops:,some of the dialogue goes over my head a bit but its very watchable,wish it was'nt on every night though

Back
Top Bottom