Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Wire comes to BBC2 (Spoiler free, please)

Now then Davey, don't you fuck with The Bunk.

BTW, for you and KE (who hates Aeris in FFVII and there has suspect opinions anyway...)...what's so cliché about the comment about America WRT to the dice game? The one thing that I love most about The Wire is the writing - the conversations are natural, don't employ cliché anymore than someone would in real life...so what makes that conversation cliché; is it the comment about America? If you think that's cliché you should go there and listen to the way people talk about the place...

No no i love the bunk he is the teddy bear i always wanted as a kid. He just mumbles a lot when he is drunk which is some times hard to follow. It's the only time when i'm trying to listen rather then just hearing if ya gets me.

I reckon the opening scene is very corny. But i know it is basicly taken word for word from homicide life on the streets and did happen. So its kinda fair enough, its just a bit lame and possibly my least favorite scene in the entire 5 series(something from the docks or a politics bit in s5 might be worse). So its a really poor scene to start with.

Just my opinion though innit.

Electrogirl, baby. I'm in a very generous mood today so seeing as you made me a lovely owl, if you miss any i will send you the entrie first series on a dvd.

dave

fuck me that's cheap
They make you wait though. And wait. I ordered a Wire series from them but it was taking them so long that I cancelled it and went and got it at Fopp for the £20 - it was worth the extra tenner to be able to watch it when I wanted to.

Well I downloaded it, but £10 is a good price to have best picture quality and extras. Are the extras any good?

its just the occasional commentary, crispy. And to be honest while I like that, it's not exactly breathtaking. Its stripped down, and sparse like the whole series, really.

No no i love the bunk he is the teddy bear i always wanted as a kid. He just mumbles a lot when he is drunk which is some times hard to follow.
The Bunk is the company man; never rocks the boat, always does the company thing, is never late and never speaks back.

Nice guy of course, but spineless.

The Bunk is the company man; never rocks the boat, always does the company thing, is never late and never speaks back.

Bunk is so NOT spineless!!!!

:mad:

actually Crispy's right - we better be careful now.

Bunk is not spineless!

I didn't work out snoop was a woman for about 4 or 5 episodes.

Took me a while...think that was what got me interested tbh. Once I'd looked her character up, I just HAD to go and get the book

She's incredibly pretty/handsome :cool: Fucking love that walk she does n all

They make you wait though. And wait. I ordered a Wire series from them but it was taking them so long that I cancelled it and went and got it at Fopp for the £20 - it was worth the extra tenner to be able to watch it when I wanted to.

Ah, that's not so good.

I don't recall buying anything from bangcd, but they keep sending me emails.

Electrogirl, baby. I'm in a very generous mood today so seeing as you made me a lovely owl, if you miss any i will send you the entrie first series on a dvd.

dave

electrogirl - it's not on catchup, which is a swizz, but happy to lend you my boxsets if you want :)

ooh you twos are lovely! I would love that. thank you!

obviously only one of you, having 2 sets would be greedy.

I'll even overlook the baby.:mad:

likewise electro. a couple are out on a lend at the mo, but between me, dave and soj we could keep you in boxsets for a bit... :cool:

Don't. Fuck. With. The. Bunk.

54501.jpg

You know not of what you speak.

Can we take discussion of characters and events off this thread for newbies please? The probability of spoilers is now very high.

Actually, does anyone have S5 on boxset that they might like to lend to me? :D Then again, I might just buy it - to go with the rest

It is. It so is.

Send us your address soj & I'll send it over (as long as you promise to be better than the person with Season 1 who keeps 'forgetting' to gived it us back!)

It is. It so is.

Send us your address soj & I'll send it over (as long as you promise to be better than the person with Season 1 who keeps 'forgetting' to gived it us back!)

wahey - cheers! pm incoming, as they say :D

e2a - OU can vouch for my 'safe return' service as he very nicely lent me the first 4 series - and then I went and bought them off bangcd cos they are so much worth a rewatch

I'm wondering whether there is actually any point in trying to keep up with this if it isn't on Iplayer or catchup. I'm never going to be able to watch every single one.

Init, who can be arsed to stay up til 12.30 every bloody night ffs :mad:

There's not much point watching the wire if you don't see the whole thing IMO, and considering how hard it is to wrap your head round at the start most people probably aren't going to put the effort in.

Init, who can be arsed to stay up til 12.30 every bloody night ffs :mad:

There's not much point watching the wire if you don't see the whole thing IMO, and considering how hard it is to wrap your head round at the start most people probably aren't going to put the effort in.

Plus, there is nothing much that compares to lying on the couch watching 6 episodes +

Back
Top Bottom