Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Who - hope I die before I get old

Thats a get out of jail card for paedos.
The ‘Townsend defence’. I was thinking of doing a playlist of classic rock paedo’s. Encompassing Zeppelin, The Who, Aerosmith, Judas Priest and many, many more! $5 on K-Tel.

The ‘Townsend defence’. I was thinking of doing a playlist of classic rock paedo’s. Encompassing Zeppelin, The Who, Aerosmith, Judas Priest and many, many more! $5 on K-Tel.
Don’t forget Bowie!

I think Daltrey’s had some surgery on his vocal cords in the last couple of years hence sounding less like a hoarse old bear in recent recordings. Mind you, listening back to earlier records, I get the feeling much of the Who’s material was written in slightly too high a key for him as he always appeared to be straining for the top notes.

I was a huge Who fan before I got into Bowie - when I was about 13, 14. Saw them in '89. Really love the various rarities albums full of strange songs, and the Who Sell Out might be my favourite, though, I used to be obsessed with Quadrophenia. I once cycled around Brighton and Beachy Head with The Who soundtrack playing on my Sony Walkman!

Back
Top Bottom