Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Thick of it??

It did. It threw me a bit, to be honest. I'm not really sure what I thought his motivation was before then. And his lack of compassion previously made me do a double take, and wonder whether he was being genuine or not. I hope he is being. I can completely see how years of frustration in the face of seeing people being shat on by successive governments and being unable to really do anything to cut through the political bullshit might turn someone into a rabid mess of lovable poison.

Tempted to believe it, remember that line he says to Ollie in series three when he comes back after sacking: "Just because you're paid to kill for a living doesn't make you a killer." or something like that..?

I think I prefered last week's episode, particularly Stewart's media-garbling. Malcolm seemed remarkably refined last night, although that may change as he plots Nicola's downfall, and Ollie and the SPAD fuck stuff up.

Bring back Jamie. He certainly wouldn't be refined.

Yeah I preferred last week's episode too. Mannion has the potential to be as great a character as Tucker. The series so far has seemed very slow, but I imagine that's a consequence of the way it's being written with an ongoing storyline. I have high hopes for a big payoff later on.

I didn't think Tucker was being genuine when he said he wants to help people, he wants the power, saying it's to help people is just a way to get others to come along and make compromises.. how can we help people if we're not in power? = let's give up all our principles in order to get into power.

Just watched it again and realised that it's Sam, Malcolm's secretary from being in govt that he's talking to as he walks in. Which is why he treats her like a proper human. Aw.

I read something on the Graun website today from one of the writers who said there was a definite story arc to this series. From the preview, it looks like we're going back to the government on Saturday, but no doubt some intertwining of the coalition and opposition will occur over the coming weeks.

Sit tight.

It did. It threw me a bit, to be honest. I'm not really sure what I thought his motivation was before then. And his lack of compassion previously made me do a double take, and wonder whether he was being genuine or not. I hope he is being. I can completely see how years of frustration in the face of seeing people being shat on by successive governments and being unable to really do anything to cut through the political bullshit might turn someone into a rabid mess of lovable poison.
If you saw 'in the Loop' he spoke along similar lines.

I'm loving this series - both government and opposition :D

I'm really pissed off about this. I loved the thick of it but my hearing has got so bad so I need sub-titles but it's all so quick I keep having to rewind which takes the fun out of it when it becomes a chore. Pity.

I'm really pissed off about this. I loved the thick of it but my hearing has got so bad so I need sub-titles but it's all so quick I keep having to rewind which takes the fun out of it when it becomes a chore. Pity.

Yeah, it's very off the cuff. Can you not get it with subtitles?

Yeah, it's very off the cuff. Can you not get it with subtitles?
Yeah I can get it with sub-titles but if I miss a line because it's a quick-fire thing I have to rewind about 30 seconds before the sub-titles kick in again.
That's what I meant about it becoming a chore. It's a shame 'cos it's right up my street.

The first episode was good, the second utter shite. Hope it's back on form in episode three or I might just cry.

There has been a few hints about what sort of person Tucker is off duty and they seem to be developing that. Not a motiveless psycho but a high adrenaline soldier with a purpose.

Cheers firky for linking to the first episode. I've only just started using iplayer and couldn't for the life of me find the first episode :confused:

I thought iplayer only had a week's worth of programmes on it?

Does anyone know if I can find all episode of Uni Challenge? Have managed to fucking miss almost all of them so far and only have freeview now :mad:

Yeah I can get it with sub-titles but if I miss a line because it's a quick-fire thing I have to rewind about 30 seconds before the sub-titles kick in again.
That's what I meant about it becoming a chore. It's a shame 'cos it's right up my street.

sounds like you need a copy with hard-coded subs.

If someone more knowledgeable than me could tell you how to record off the screen, then you could play it with subs whilst recording, then watch the copy youve made later.

Back
Top Bottom