Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The stupidity of the anti-vaxx nutcases

Yuck I saw Piss Morgen's post there about "masks off day".
More stupid than a virus that one.

Last edited:
Shit, John was double jabbed, on the last day of self isolation, in theory could have gone out into the street the next day an WHAM, quicker than you can say knife he got bad He left the house in a wheelchair and when he arrived at the hospital 40 minutes later he was neither here nor there. We know what the end result was.
Covid is a lottery. You can have underlying conditions that make you weak and put you in more dandger, John was diabetic, but the singer Carlos Marin of the group Il Divo was as fit as a butchers dog. PLEASE HAVE THE JABS

Rather sad post on Twitter from US woman convinced a hospital KILLED her husband with remdesivir. I mean, these people manage to lose sight of the fact that ... sometimes treatments for deadly illnesses don't work.
Remdesvir is linked to kidney damage, a lot of severe Covid patients end up with renal failure in part because of this, but the benefits outweigh the costs.

Loads of the wingnuts are blaming hospitals and their protocols for deaths, and are even organising protests. Intubation kills apparently, not Covid, and failure to prescribe unproven treatments like ivermectin is a particular bugbear. It’s all part of that anti-intellectualism streak running through the radical right, we’ve had enough of experts like doctors and scientists.

One of the effects of this is that people stay at home to duke it out with Covid, so by the time it gets to being rushed to hospital it’s too late for things like antivirals, the pneumonia has set in and they’re on the vent almost immediately with the odds against them.

There’s also reticence to go into hospital because of the cost, particularly amongst the uninsured, a damning incitement of the US healthcare system. That’s how it actually kills, and will be a significant factor in high US mortality rates.

I wonder if the vaccination rates take account of people who may have been vaccinated elsewhere? I have some friends where she is originally from the Czech Republic. Even though they live here, the kids got vaccinated in the Czech Republic during the period that we weren't vaccinating under-16s, and I think she did too. Maybe this kind of thing is too negligible an occurrence to show up in the stats, though.

A North Carolina man is turning down a lifesaving kidney transplant, because the hospital is requiring he be vaccinated against COVID before the procedure.

Chad Carswell is a double amputee and has been undergoing dialysis up to three times a week. His kidney is functioning at four percent.

Carswell said he was going through the transplant process at Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist Hospital in Winston-Salem when he was told he would need to be vaccinated in order to move forward.

"They said the last thing we need talk about is your vaccination status," Carswell said. "And that's when I politely told him there was nothing really to talk about. It wasn't up for debate that I wasn't getting it. And then he told me, you know you'll die if you don't get it. And I said I'm willing to die."

when he dies he'll be made a martyr.

A North Carolina man is turning down a lifesaving kidney transplant, because the hospital is requiring he be vaccinated against COVID before the procedure.

Chad Carswell is a double amputee and has been undergoing dialysis up to three times a week. His kidney is functioning at four percent.

Carswell said he was going through the transplant process at Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist Hospital in Winston-Salem when he was told he would need to be vaccinated in order to move forward.

"They said the last thing we need talk about is your vaccination status," Carswell said. "And that's when I politely told him there was nothing really to talk about. It wasn't up for debate that I wasn't getting it. And then he told me, you know you'll die if you don't get it. And I said I'm willing to die."

What a bloody idiot - but his choice I suppose.

The key point is he will still be dead

Back
Top Bottom