Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Siege of Kut Al Amara

Western countries are succesfull about replacing the real history with fake one they made up, the main reason for their success is that they have people with the same mentality who believe in them without questioning. They know what kind of story their people would like and they prepare it to order.
History is written by the victor.

You said Kut is not known there as well. Such a defeat, which is no small incident is an achievement to hide skillfully from both sides for many years. Despite this imposing an unreal event such as the so-called Armenian G... to the whole World as if it were real is the continuation of the success in managing social consciousness. The factor that forms the basis of this success is to determine what the ego of the society is inclined to and to act accordingly. When the ego kicks in no one cares about knowledge because overpowering emotions take precedence over logic. Even though this creates a discomfort in conscience even in the worst persons, they continue to ignore the truth with an increasingly aggressive attitude with their free will.

I'm not sure how your conclusion follows from the article you quote. Doesn't it show precisely that people are questioning the narrative? Or are you saying something else?

You said Kut is not known there as well. Such a defeat, which is no small incident is an achievement to hide skillfully from both sides for many years. Despite this imposing an unreal event such as the so-called Armenian G... to the whole World as if it were real is the continuation of the success in managing social consciousness. The factor that forms the basis of this success is to determine what the ego of the society is inclined to and to act accordingly. When the ego kicks in no one cares about knowledge because overpowering emotions take precedence over logic. Even though this creates a discomfort in conscience even in the worst persons, they continue to ignore the truth with an increasingly aggressive attitude with their free will.
kut's very well known. to take a couple of things from my own small collection of books:

1 david stevenson, 1914-1918: the history of the first world war (london: penguin, 2005) mentions it albeit briefly on pp. 121-2
south of baghdad at the battle of ctesiphon in november, townshend failed to break through turkish posititions manned by more numerous and better armed troops than british intelligence had predicted. he fell back on kut, where after months of siege he surrendered in april 1916 with some 13,000 men; vain attempts by the british to break into the encirclement incurred nearly 23,000 casualties. of those who fell into turkish captivity almost a third perished before the war ended.

2 eugene rogan, the fall of the ottomans: the great war in the middle east, 1914-1920 (london: penguin, 2016) devotes a chapter of about 30 pages to the siege.

3 sean mcmeekin, the ottoman endgame: war, revolution and the making of the modern middle east, 1908-1923 (london: penguin, 2016) also deals at length with the siege.

4 charles townshend, when god made hell: the british invasion of mesopotamia and the creation of iraq, 1914-1921 (london: faber and faber, 2010) also covers kut in detail, with the index references alone covering half a column

there are also at least two biographies of charles townshend (the general, not the historian of the same name), one from 1967 and the other from 2010

Last edited:
Despite this imposing an unreal event such as the so-called Armenian G... to the whole World as if it were real is the continuation of the success in managing social consciousness. The factor that forms the basis of this success is to determine what the ego of the society is inclined to and to act accordingly. When the ego kicks in no one cares about knowledge because overpowering emotions take precedence over logic. Even though this creates a discomfort in conscience even in the worst persons, they continue to ignore the truth with an increasingly aggressive attitude with their free will.
strangely the armenian genocide was witnessed by many germans, in that neck of the woods as germany was allied to turkey in the first world war. the summary at Germany and the Armenian genocide - Wikipedia will give you some information about this.

if you are as you claim interested in uncovering historical truths i am sure you will be up in arms at being lied to about the mass killings of armenians

You can argue against ‘western liberal democracy’ all you want, and in fact most of us on this site do it a lot. Some to the exclusion of all else.

But it is a truth universally acknowledged that every time the kind of ‘strong man’ led government that you seem to frottage over challenges it then you invariably get hammered into a pile of salt ploughed ash.

And then ‘we’ take your oil.

Last edited:
Now I am putting you both in my ignore list. I said I am not good at it. I dont want to discuss.

Then what are you doing on a discussion board?

Is this what you do? Do you turn up to libraries and complain that you can't be bothered to read as well? Do you sit in a restaurant and say "I'm not hungry actually" whenever they try to take your order?

Last edited:
Turkic755 I’m not especially familiar with Turkish history. I wonder, what’s your view of the Turkish invasion and occupation of Cyprus?

If Turkic755 were articulate enough they might suggest that it was an inevitable response to the coup which overthrew the Makarios government which was organised by the Greek military Junta and Cypriot Fascists. Had the coup succeeded Turkish Cypriots would have faced expulsion or extermination.

If Turkic755 were articulate enough they might suggest that it was an inevitable response to the coup which overthrew the Makarios government which was organised by the Greek military Junta and Cypriot Fascists. Had the coup succeeded Turkish Cypriots would have faced expulsion or extermination.
So that was NATO’s fault as well?

This may not seem cute to you but I want to remind it Britons as the revenge for my erased and forgotten history and my changed language and many more British atrocities through appointed British governors in "Turkiye" after Ottoman.

I learned about the Siege of Kut just a few years ago even though I have partipicated to history lessons for years from my childhood. I am still taking compulsory history classes at university and they still teach the same bogus Turkish history written by Britons.

Photo - High rank British commanders captured in Iraq during WW1.
Everyone knows about Singapore and Dieppe and isandlwana and the castlebar races, even as I show above kut not unknown. You say you're still taking compulsory classes at uni which is really weird unless you're an undergraduate. You may think you know a lot about history but you really don't. Until you realise that you won't really start to learn.

So that was NATO’s fault as well?

Greece and Turkey, the outside powers involved were both NATO members as was Britain whose colonial policies sowed division between Greek and Turkish Cypriots.

So you could say so, if you were minded to do so.

And maybe also point out that the UK continues to 'occupy' parts of Cyprus 😅

Plaase dont reply people in my ignore list.
Because I am getting curious what you both are talking about.

Cyprus is our island because we are right and we are right because we are stronger than you. We will seize the islands soon, not only Cyprus but islands in Egean Sea too. If your not agree you should come here and fight us.

Greece and Turkey, the outside powers involved were both NATO members as was Britain whose colonial policies sowed division between Greek and Turkish Cypriots.

So you could say so, if you were minded to do so.

Plaase dont reply people in my ignore list.
Because I am getting curious what you both are talking about.

Cyprus is our island because we are right and we are right because we are stronger than you. We will seize the islands soon, not only Cyprus but islands in Egean Sea too. If your not agree you should come here and fight us.
Right, who's going to hold my pint...?

0vyfhvu3b2q41.jpg

Back
Top Bottom