Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Siege of Kut Al Amara

Turkic755

This may not seem cute to you but I want to remind it Britons as the revenge for my erased and forgotten history and my changed language and many more British atrocities through appointed British governors in "Turkiye" after Ottoman.

I learned about the Siege of Kut just a few years ago even though I have partipicated to history lessons for years from my childhood. I am still taking compulsory history classes at university and they still teach the same bogus Turkish history written by Britons.

Photo - High rank British commanders captured in Iraq during WW1.

Attachments

• kutul.jpg
    kutul.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 18
yy.jpg

Mentioned in passing in Sword of Honour, as a house name (all named after British defeats) of a minor fictitious public school
Waugh calls the place Kut-al-Imara House, Southsand-on-Sea, which had been a prep school, with dormitories called the names of lost battles from the first World War. (Indeed, Al-Kut is in itself a reference to a disastrous First World War defeat for British forces in Iraq.)The fictional place was based on Kingsdown House, Kingsdown, near Deal and Walmer, a few miles from Dover. Waugh spent several weeks there with the Royal Marines in early 1940.
More here:

My understanding of discuss isnt the same as theirs. They describe "discuss" as the battle of their egos. I describe it as "information share". They are not here for info share, they are here to satisfy their ego.
Can you share some information on the subject of what death is? Is there a Waitrose in Kut and have you ever tried to get a bike in there?

Last edited:
I dont know, I think sleep is a kind of death. We die every night and by being awakened we are given a new opportunity to be more careful in life.

Can share you share some information on the subject of what death is? Is there a Waitrose in Kut and have you ever tried to get a bike in there?

I see Nureddin Pasha had a storied subsequent career, first the genocide of the Pontic Greeks then we have Falih Rıfkı reporting on his actions in Smyrna/Izmir, subsequent to throwing the bishop out to be lynched by a mob:
Why were we burning down İzmir? Were we afraid that if waterfront konaks, hotels and taverns stayed in place, we would never be able to get rid of the minorities? When the Armenians were being deported in the First World War, we had burned down all the habitable districts and neighbourhoods in Anatolian towns and cities with this very same fear. This does not solely derive from an urge for destruction. There is also some feeling of inferiority in it. It was as if anywhere that resembled Europe was destined to remain Christian and foreign and to be denied to us. If there were another war and we were defeated, would it be sufficient guarantee of preserving the Turkishness of the city if we had left Izmir as a devastated expanse of vacant lots? Were it not for Nureddin Pasha, whom I know to be a dyed-in-the-wool fanatic and a rabble-rouser, I do not think this tragedy would have gone to the bitter end. He has doubtless been gaining added strength from the unforgiving vengeful feelings of the soldiers and officers who have seen the debris and the weeping and agonized population of the Turkish towns which the Greeks have burned to ashes all the way from Afyon.

My dad and grandparents brought me up to think Rauf Denktash was a brilliant leader and all round wonderful guy (my Irish grandfather was best mates with him). What do you think about him if anything?

Back
Top Bottom