Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

the olympics bring out the worst in people

Pickman's model

Starry Wisdom
Over the past few days i've seen much more anti-social behaviour than usual and not all from the usual suspects. As well as yuppies, both young and all people from a range of backgrounds have acted like arses. Post your examples of games rage here

The BBC seem to assume that it is the only news topic going. I'm not one for slagging down the beeb for being a government mouthpiece, but ffs, if this was any closer to the most obvious propoganda going I would be living in nazi germany or stalinist russia.
It's anti social against people who hate the olympics and people who dont give a fuck about the olympics.

(tho I am gonna watch danny boyles thingy later... I like to think that's where my £200, or whatever x-spurts r saying the average cost per person of the entire games is this week, has gone)

The BBC seem to assume that it is the only news topic going. I'm not one for slagging down the beeb for being a government mouthpiece, but ffs, if this was any closer to the most obvious propoganda going I would be living in nazi germany or stalinist russia.
It's anti social against people who hate the olympics and people who dont give a fuck about the olympics.

They use the word 'patriotic' on an official mascot souvenir product. That means if you don't like the olympics or you don't care about it then you must be unpatriotic and not care about your country.

Atos should not have been allowed to sponsor the games full.stop. I already hate seeing their name on the pass lanyards.

Atos should not have been allowed to sponsor the games full.stop. I already hate seeing their name on the pass lanyards.

Did they get to sponsor the games? ffs. In terms of irony, I suppose its no worse than mcdonalds and coke getting to sponsor it (unless atos has managed to get their name on the paralympics as well; that would be worse... surely not, though?), but still sickening.

They have done the Olympic IT for the last hundred years. It was awarded by the IOC and ATOS is French.

Back
Top Bottom