Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Official Ingurland are shit 'Euro 2012' thread.

friedaweed

Me and me girl named Jane
Post your dashed hopes, wasted betting slips, supermarket beer offers and BBQ B.O.G.O.F. tips, your hangover cures, your utter disbelief, your team selection whines, your manager must go wails, pictures of over tanned, over drunk, overweight 1966 shirt wearing dreamers and cheating foreign bastards comments here.....

And to get us started

Personally, I would love it if Hodgson took England to the Final and then won the fucking thing. Highly unlikely, but I would find it as funny as anything.

I think there's going to be issues with the ball.:rolleyes: There's probably going to be some loose turf around the peno spot as well.:mad:

Stewart-Downing_2737656.jpg

It's too early for this thread, we need a friendly against weak opposition to make England look better than they are so people can start to believe again before their hopes are dashed on the rocks of reality.

What a massive load of toss that was tonight. I thought we were shit under Capello, but fuck me... :facepalm:

If Terry ever wears an England shirt again he should be tried for treason. And if anyone can tell me what the FUCK the purpose of a Gareth Barry is, then please, answers on a fucking postcard. Fuckin 'ell. :mad: :mad: :(

Just thought I may as well get in early.

What a massive load of toss that was tonight. I thought we were shit under Capello, but fuck me... :facepalm:

If Terry ever wears an England shirt again he should be tried for treason. And if anyone can tell me what the FUCK the purpose of a Gareth Barry is, then please, answers on a fucking postcard. Fuckin 'ell. :mad: :mad: :(

Just thought I may as well get in early.

I was looking to see what friendly we had played last night :rolleyes:

Norway saturday, I suspect they will make us look average and the excuse of the new manager will be bought out before an even weaker team for the next friendly raises hope of a great tournament.

France are going to stuff England, it will be a thing of beauty to watch.

It's going to be impossible for me to watch this with the time difference. Maybe that will be a good thing though. I could just torrent stuff the next day but it will be impossible to avoid everyone's reactions to the matches on the internet and therefore spoil the excitement and ultimate disappointment after watching all 3 England games :rolleyes:

I mean, I won't even be able to become a plastic paddy and cheer on Ireland once England are out and complain how they robbed by getting knocked out on penalties in the quarters, despite playing their best football since Jack Charlton was manager.

Not too encouraged by this paragraph from today's Guardian
These were revealing moments by the side of Manchester City's pitch, if only for the frequency with which Hodgson halted play to pass on instructions. "Very hands-on," James Milner observed afterwards. Vocal, too. "You don't have to use short passes," the new England manager could be heard shouting at one point. "Not if you want to use your big man up front." Carroll put the ball past Joe Hart and Hodgson nodded his head appreciatively. "Well done, son."
:hmm:

I know you've got to work with what you've got, but... :(

Oh for fuck's sake, not only have the scheduled the Norway friendly during Eurovision (surely they're aware of the massive crossover in fanbase? :hmm: ), they've also scheduled the Belgium game for 17:15, when I'll be helping out at a local community festival :mad: If the kick offs were the other way round I'd be able to watch both! Why was I not consulted, as is my right having once received an England shirt for my 12th birthday :mad: :(

It's true, they don't care about the fans any more :(

The thing I'm clinging onto there is that he says you don't have to use short passes. Not "don't use short passes". He could just have been pointing out one option of many.

The thing I'm clinging onto there is that he says you don't have to use short passes. Not "don't use short passes". He could just have been pointing out one option of many.
Either way it's an idiotic instruction for a coach to give, tbh.
I'd just question the reporting of it, as its clearly intended as a dig and Hodgson sides have never been noticeably route 1.

France are going to stuff England, it will be a thing of beauty to watch.

Just France?

Ukraine were one of only 2 teams to beat Capello's England (not counting friendlies obv) I quite fancy them to repeat that again. Also Sweden are no mugs, we could quite easily finish bottom.

Although I don't get paid for it I do give slightly less of shit about this than the pricks that turn out for England do.

Its not the game you fell in love with as a kid anymore.

Barry's out through injury, Jagielka's been brought in.

Our midfield is starting to look a bit weak, especially considering Hodgson's apparent affection for 'structure'>. Parker's still carrying an injury, Gerrard and Lampard are probably past their best and still, apparently, unable to play in the same team together. Young is promising, as is Ox (though relatively untested), and Milner is a pretty handy utility player, but...

I feel like I'm forgetting someone. Someone's left. But that's highly unlikely, anyone who made the England squad would have made an impression at some point in the season.

Barry's out through injury, Jagielka's been brought in.

Our midfield is starting to look a bit weak, especially considering Hodgson's apparent affection for 'structure'>. Parker's still carrying an injury, Gerrard and Lampard are probably past their best and still, apparently, unable to play in the same team together. Young is promising, as is Ox (though relatively untested), and Milner is a pretty handy utility player, but...

I feel like I'm forgetting someone. Someone's left. But that's highly unlikely, anyone who made the England squad would have made an impression at some point in the season.

You didn't mention Wallcott

Back
Top Bottom