Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Muso Equipment Nerdery Thread 🎸

I went to the Bristol guitar expo last weekend. Was larger than last year. Didn't buy anything but saw some strange axes amongst all the usuals. Was tempted by a couple. A kinda hidious ESP Explorer, :D Gibson Les Paul for 500 quid. It had Steinway / Steinberg tuners, something like that. Machine heads were on the face of the headstock.

There was a headless bass with one massive oblong pickup, not sure what that was. Gibson Black Beauty for a mere 40k, some other rare ish I guess, vintage stuff...

I went to the Bristol guitar expo last weekend. Was larger than last year. Didn't buy anything but saw some strange axes amongst all the usuals. Was tempted by a couple. A kinda hidious ESP Explorer, :D Gibson Les Paul for 500 quid. It had Steinway / Steinberg tuners, something like that. Machine heads were on the face of the headstock.

There was a headless bass with one massive oblong pickup, not sure what that was. Gibson Black Beauty for a mere 40k, some other rare ish I guess, vintage stuff...
A friend of mine had a stall there but looking at guitars isn't my idea of fun.

A friend of mine had a stall there but looking at guitars isn't my idea of fun.

Ah which stall? It's more fun if you let yourself buy one TBF. But couldn't this year. :D I mainly like seeing the unusual or pondering why that Les Paul is 40k etc My mate was after an SG. I had to try an Epiphone one out for him but he wasn't convinced in the end.

Just got my Blackstar amp out for the first time in many years. Fuck me it's loud. Clue is in the name, it's a Blackstar Club 40, not a Blackstar Bedroom (lower number). Footswitch seems borked but I'm guessing I'll be able to find one easily enough and for bedroom use it's not needed.
Saving up for a holiday though so as Mrs SI rightly points out a mini practice amp would be frivolous. But still.
Been banging out some droning, fuzzy chords in D A E A C# E tuning. Lovely stuff

You'd still have to fuck about with cables if you wanted to change the order of your signal chain, because your in and out cables would be in the wrong place.

Also 'boutique' pedals usually just means overpriced but not as good as stuff that's widely available and been tried and tested by everyone and his mum for 30 years.

Back
Top Bottom