Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Most Un-dislikable - an occasional youtube game

love the tuning* on that 'guitar', with the out of tune notes :cool: really interesting sound

*or however that sound is achieved

+and the singer is incredible too. Great find

I believe it's called a tar. It has three pairs of strings. Both strings in each pair will be tuned to the same note, but because they're so close to each other the vibrations of one will affect the vibrations of the other, enough to make the two strings waver in and out of tune relative to each other while a note is ringing. This is what produces that distinctive trembling sound you hear.

Last edited:
I believe it's called a tar. It has three pairs of strings. Both strings in each pair will be tuned to the same note, but because they're so close to each other the vibrations of one will affect the vibrations of the other enough to make the two strings waver in and out of tune relative to each other while a note is ringing. This is what produces that distinctive trembling sound you hear.
amazing. though theres one particular note (at least) that when its hit is always sharp, i wonder if its tuned like that, or if shes just playing it that way. im not too fussed about knowing the answer tbh, i just like the overall effect. Theres too much harmony in european music - this makes a nice change

That Billie Holliday one I posted has 121000 views and still no haters.

Roky Erickson here with a respectable 152-0

237 - slightly offputting video, and this isnt Sy Smith's best track, but i like it! Shes got a super sweet voice

They Might Be Giants are writing and recording a new song every week for 2015 "as progenitors of the free music for everybody movement". The first one is a rocker called Erase. 298-0 so far.

Back
Top Bottom