Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Last of Us

T & P

|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|
Brand new HBO post apocalyptic sci-fi thriller starting today. This is already being heralded as a great series, and the first adaptation of a video game that is of proper quality.

First episode is very good indeed, and I for one am sold on it. Strong recommendation :)

Pretty good first episode, lots of little easter eggs for fans of the game. Bodes well for the rest of the series.

not watch it yet but have a feeling they don't something that a lot of different game based tv shows have done

and that follow the Fucking GAME Story line

see it fucking works :mad:

*shakes fist at every single resident evil tv show or movie

:mad:

hmm does the first episode cover the first 20 minutes of the game

as that shite was hard to play at the time of release :hmm:

Brand new HBO post apocalyptic sci-fi thriller starting today. This is already being heralded as a great series, and the first adaptation of a video game that is of proper quality.

First episode is very good indeed, and I for one am sold on it. Strong recommendation :)
right up my alley! i'll try to find it

Yes. I'm not really a fan of the game - too much narrative and boring, repetitive gameplay. They've fleshed out a game that's pretty much about all the narrative anyway. And the game itself pretty much draws from "post apocalyptic" films/books.

'story driven' = 75% cutscenes :(

Early days and of course it will remind you of previous post apocalyptic stories because some theme similarities are inevitable, but this is tense, well written, well produced and an engaging story so far.

I have avoided looking at the game on Wikipedia to avoid spoiling things for myself, so I don’t know who might live or die, but apart from Pedro Pascal who as MickiQ rightly says is always good value, the young girl who props up towards the end of the episode is brilliant as well :D

it has the actor from the Mandalorian looking after a 12 year old :hmm:

20 years after a still evolving pandemic

still a nope

Without wishing to derail the thread this early, if the alleged video-game-into-TV-series curse has finally been broken as the critics claim, and other games are to be given the same treatment, please please someone do Bioshock.

I haven’t played that many modern video games, but even so I have never come across any as all-round fantastically good as that. The premise, set-up, and stylish period it’s based on would make for a great limited series.

Really enjoyed ep 1 this has the potential to be one of the best, must
say....... They're all looking great considering they go 26 years into the future.

Really enjoyed ep 1 this has the potential to be one of the best, must
say....... They're all looking great considering they go 26 years into the future.
Think it was 20 years?

Pedro Pascals character (sorry not sure of characters name?) is only one we've seen in both timelines i think? I know he wants to rescue his brother (Tommie?) but i don't think we saw the brother in the later timeline yet.

Back
Top Bottom