Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Islamic state

Yeah there are two main clerics 60% of them follow on social media.

How major was the one who got the boot for criticising the immolation of the Jordanian pilot? I got the impression he was quite high up the chain but I can see how the Western media might exaggerate that.

How major was the one who got the boot for criticising the immolation of the Jordanian pilot? I got the impression he was quite high up the chain but I can see how the Western media might exaggerate that.

Nah the ones im thinking of were Musa Cerantonio in Australia abnd another guy in the states, 60% of all isis members twitter accounts were said to be following them.

do you mean al-Maqdesi (the one linked to al-Qaeda who the Jordanians released) or the one who was apparently killed for speaking out against it?

do you mean al-Maqdesi (the one linked to al-Qaeda who the Jordanians released) or the one who was apparently killed for speaking out against it?

I've got them mixed up in my head - I had the second one in mind. :(

From what I gather it's still not confirmed - not easy to find up to date information on that.

Last edited:
I've got them mixed up in my head - I had the second one in mind. :(

From what I gather it's still not confirmed.

The reports were that he was just an imam who condemned it at prayers, though an apparently more senior one got sacked for opposing it in a meeting.

The reports were that he was just an imam who condemned it at prayers, though an apparently more senior one got sacked for opposing it in a meeting.

You mean the one that got killed was the one who condemned it at prayers? In the bit I read the senior one was portrayed as fairly high up the food chain, but I'm growing dubious on that front.

I was wondering whether stuff like that would be causing internal strain, but what I've read about internal strife in ISIS mostly seems to relate to tension between groups of foreign fighters of different nationalities (Chechens and Uzbeks keep coming up).

I was wondering whether stuff like that would be causing internal strain, but what I've read about internal strife in ISIS mostly seems to relate to tension between groups of foreign fighters of different nationalities (Chechens and Uzbeks keep coming up).

But if there were killings over policy at the top, who would be telling us?

Voluntary repatriation is the best way to deal with jihadicks. £30k to give up passport and piss off to Saudi Arabia or Syria or where ever the fuck they want to go.

Voluntary repatriation is the best way to deal with jihadicks. £30k to give up passport and piss off to Saudi Arabia or Syria or where ever the fuck they want to go.

Oh shut up you reactionary fuckwit. "Repatriation"... who says they were born in Iraq/Syria and hold Iraqi/Syrian passports? You're not helping anyone with this buffoonery, least of all yourself, and equating Saudi with Syria only shows you up as a willfully ignorant tosser - "or where ever the fuck they want to go" ... fuck knows eh? Bongo Bongo Land? Or is that more Boko Haram territory, as you see it?

Who the fuck knows what goes on in that tiny mind?

I think he actually considers himself on some level to be a decent person too.
There's probably some website where half-assed Walter Mitty types live that he spends most of his time on - I wouldn't personally spend much time picking over his witterings for anything of sense or value, though.

Australian YPG fighter killed.

Reports that the first foreign martyr of YPG was martyred yesterday in Shingal. His name was Ashley, codename Heval Bagok, an Australian. Some journalists are reporting that another Western (assumed to be American) volunteer was also martyred yesterday in fighting in Tel Hamis but his details won't be released until his family have been notified.

Quote is from Facebook.

Is this something to be concerned about?

From the BBC poll on the Hebdo massacre and charactures of the prophet.

"The poll also found that 1 in 4 Muslims have some sympathy with the motives behind those shootings".

The question put to them was the third one in the graph below. In theory it represents 1 million people in Britain.

How is the answer to the question or even the question itself to be interpretated?

upload_2015-2-25_20-59-53.png

TBH it is a daft poll - if they are going to ask those questions then they should really have also asked about what people thought about Coulibaly killing all those people at that hypermarket, or him shooting Clarissa Jean-Phillipe.

(edited for correction)

Last edited:
Heavy fighting in southern Baghdad, in the last two hours! This involves all forces.

Hopefully more details will follow!

Back
Top Bottom