Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

the grand 2015 reading challenge thread

how many books do you anticipate reading in 2015?

• Total voters

Pickman's model

Starry Wisdom
usual rules apply.

from the 2014 thread:

just a heads-up that we're coming to the end of the year, and that means that a new thread will be starting with effect from 0001 on 1 january 2015, where you can put books read* in the next calendar year. please don't be awkward and demand a different set of 365 days, the 2015 thread - as this one was - is intended for books read** between the very start of 2015 and the very end of 2015***.

anyway, as i say, just a heads-up the next thread'll be up up soon, and i only mention this so you can start thinking how many books it is likely you'll read next year.

_____

*read includes books read to you, heard as audiofiles, on tapes, cds, etc ad nauseam.
** read in this case means completed.
*** the very end of 2015 is deemed to be 2359 on 31 december 2015.

these rules are of course arbitrary. but there you go.

so please don't post any books read here until after 0001 on 1 january 2015, the only reason the thread's been started now is so you can have a think about how many books you anticipate reading (that is, completing) between 1/1/2015 and 31/12/2015.

I picked out all the thin ones to get over 15 this year so I'll do well to match it next year. :oops: I've got 25 waiting to be read already.

I shall post up something about grandiose intentions. that might actually involve properly reading a small number of the 600 or so books in this room alone. plus some of the fiction books i've been stacking up waiting to have time to read. I shall post up an enormous number in january and february. half a dozen in april, then nothing for the rest of the year. cause I do hope to be studying again and I know that means I won't get to read a complete book for months at a time.

I do however, intend to write a book this year. Just need to finalise the proposal and email it.

Although I might actualy have to read a LOT of books considering one of the projects I have planned is an examination of the fiction of one author, who wrote about 60 books, to examine how his politics affected his fiction.

I'm very good at starting books, very bad at finishing them. I'm going to aim for a conservative 12.

As someone new to proceedings, I take it non-fiction is also allowed?

Back
Top Bottom