Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The gardening thread

Still nice though! I got a few cloves in a mixed pack of seed garlic, plenty of the regular stuff too. Pulled the first bulbs today along with a load of other bits (plus a few carrots after I took the pic) -
IMG-20210704-170651.jpg

Figured the diddy EG cloves would work as seed so I've shoved them into gaps all along the fence.
Yes I wasn’t trying to do them down , nice roasted

Still nice though! I got a few cloves in a mixed pack of seed garlic, plenty of the regular stuff too. Pulled the first bulbs today along with a load of other bits (plus a few carrots after I took the pic) -
IMG-20210704-170651.jpg

Figured the diddy EG cloves would work as seed so I've shoved them into gaps all along the fence.
I don't grow elephant garlic, but general advice with normal garlic is to replant the largest cloves as they will tend to produce larger cloves next time round.

I don't grow elephant garlic, but general advice with normal garlic is to replant the largest cloves as they will tend to produce larger cloves next time round.
I know but I only have four heads of elephant garlic and I'd rather eat it! Will keep best cloves from the regular garlic back for next year though.

Just booked a couple of tickets for Brogdale national fruit collections - cherry day next weekend and plums next month. Good chance for some taste testing before I do bare root orders for this winter. Got a couple guerilla graft hunting trips planned too for scionwood for chip budding apples.

Have you tried nematodes for the slugs TopCat ? Good time to do it while it's rainy.

I'm in courgette and cherry y tomato fatigue mode now. I've cooked just about everyy possible recipe that I like and tried some new ones but I think Ive had just about enough. thanks. Normally the heat would have just about killed them off by now but its been relatively cool in June and this first week July. Having said that its forcast to be 36c at some point at the weekend due to some African warm air.

Had the first peas yesterday. Very tasty.

Everything else is being eaten by slugs. Never seen so many.

Astounding number of slugs and snails this year - everyone complaining about them - eaten my beans , broccoli , sunflowers , marigolds and even attacking the potatoes. War declared and I am "removing" about 30 a day.

I’ve never had a qualm about liberal doses of slug pellets tbh

I have learned they may not be entirely efficacious after seeing a slug climbing up the netting over my greens merrily, squashing it and finding it squirting a big blue squirt of goo at my face as it breathed its last sluggy breath.

Plus after a week or so they just turn into a blue slime that looks unsafe.

Any idea what's wrong with my hardy fuchsia?
It's a massive beast of a thing that's normally very healthy, but the new leaves are curled and shrivelled
Can't see any bugs on it
20210710_105409.jpg
20210710_105440.jpg

Back
Top Bottom