Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Thailand tips needed please

Glad you're enjoying it. Some people seem to hate Bangkok. I loved it and looks like you do too :)

Going home today :( currently waiting in Kuala Lumpur for our connecting flight.

So the trips we've done in Phuket include:

Elephant Jungle Sanctuary (Phuket Elephant Jungle Sanctuary) - there are a few sanctuaries around but we went for this one and had a great day. The keepers are all really nice and elephants seem happy. We fed them fruit then gave them a mud bath. Had a good lunch too.

Muay thai boxing in Patong stadium!

Walked down Bangla Road in Patong, once was enough lol but did see a good band in one of the bars.

For our Phi Phi Islands trip we went with Island Hopper (phuket-islandhopper.com [Engine by iGetWeb.com]) booked through Ameci Miei Phuket travel agency. Again we had a really good time, safe boat and not too many people, I also liked that everyone on the trip were from all over - US, Oz, Japan, Mexico, Sri Lanka, Europe etc, I always prefer that than all or majority from one country. We did the 6 Island tour, anchored at 5 of them. Some were busy but none overly so, also had really good lunch cooked for us. It was a long day but worth it, and we got sunburnt despite several applications of suncream!

We also had 3 hours of spa treatments at Novotel Kata Avista - would definitely recommend!!

I've really liked Karon. Yes it's super touristy but it's not crazy like Patong, a good choice of bars and cafes and the beach is lovely. It's set us up nicely that we'd be comfortable going more remote next time we're in this area of the world.

Back
Top Bottom