Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

TFL Out of Station Interchanges

kenny g

Sheeple Awake!
Out of Station Interchanges are where you can leave a station and go back into the system on another but be charged as if you have stayed on the network. Have seen a few FOI responses providing this information but wasn't aware tfl now publish a spreadsheet:

Out-of-station interchanges

Particularly handy if you like to get a decent quick stroll in during your journeys and try to avoid underground bottle necks.

Is this designed for places like Hammersmith where you must leave the station and cross the road if changing lines there?

Of Paddington where you enter the main rail station before heading underground to change lines?

Is this designed for places like Hammersmith where you must leave the station and cross the road if changing lines there?

Of Paddington where you enter the main rail station before heading underground to change lines?

Yes to Hammersmith and Paddington. You have 20 minutes in Hammersmith and 40 or 20 in Paddington depending in which direction you are going.

Attachments

• upload_2017-12-30_15-17-49.png
    upload_2017-12-30_15-17-49.png
    3.2 KB · Views: 3

Yes, but also stations on different lines that are close but not in the same place. For example Camden Tube station and Camden Road overground are a good 5 minutes walk from each other, however it's a good place to change from the Northern Line onto the Overground. This allows it to be classed as one journey end to end.

Thanks! I knew about some of them and they can be handy - Bank to Cannon St is actually less of a walk than most of the interchanges inside Bank station and a far more pleasant walk, so I used to do that all the time - but didn't know there were so many with such long interchange times.

Thanks! I knew about some of them and they can be handy - Bank to Cannon St is actually less of a walk than most of the interchanges inside Bank station and a far more pleasant walk, so I used to do that all the time - but didn't know there were so many with such long interchange times.

Welcome, pleased others find this kind of thing useful. Hopefully it will be more widely publicised with HS2 and Crossrail bringing even more people onto the network. Worth being aware that there are some differences at some stations between underground and national rail connections - thinking about Liverpool street and Fenchurch street in particular.

I got charged separate journeys the other day for changing from train to tube at Vauxhall (going Raynes Park to Kings Cross), you have to leave the station to go into the tube, used the same contactless card for both but it still split it into two journeys. Pissed me right off because when I got to KX I just missed the last tube to Angel which inexplicably stops running at about 11:30pm then had to spend another £1.50 on a bus, so I'd have been several quid better off and got home quicker if I'd just stayed on to Waterloo and got the no.4 bus. Most of the time TFL works really well but this was a shit show.

Back
Top Bottom