Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Terrorist attack NZ, 50 dead, many injured

I heard 4 in custody now on? Not that the numbers matter.
One released as not being connected. I expect that number to increase though given what they're reporting on. Police moving in on related addresses.

The fucking fash were talking about weapons training in plain sight. A well known writer/RW political type followed one of the killers on twitter ffs. This was preventable and we did nothing.

Sickening story to wake up to. Two different mosques involved, and mentions of a school too, and a number of explosive devices found. Absolutely horrendous.

Prayer-goer returned fire at one of the mosques, apparently. Gun laws must have liberalised in NZ of late.

The BBC are reporting that the touring Bangladesh cricket team were just about to enter the mosque when the shooting started. Possible that they were the target?

Grim all round. Thoughts to those involved.

Australian PM confirms Australian national, 40 fatalities and 20 injured, Controlled explosions in Auckland train station, NZ authorities seem to saying now it was one attacker, two other persons still in custody, with one other released.

One of the standard cunt responses on stuff like this goes along the lines of ‘I can’t condone actions like this, but if the people had been listened to on immingration...’. Expect some compassion-free shite like that from Hopkins/Liddell/some kipper politician in the next few days.

There is some mainstream anti-immigration sentiment in NZ, but I got the impression that was mostly directed towards Chinese/Korean people, rooted in people being priced out of housing by foreign money etc. Australia seemed more a hotbed of anti-refugee stuff.

Them. They arrested four people. It's a terrorist cell.

Christchurch has had a long history of white nationalism, security expert on RNZ said this was the fault of successive governments who were too busy looking at Muslims to see who else was being radicalized.

Feeling very angry and helpless. I know people who are reporting that their friends are dead. We should have seen this coming.

Really wish that the media would stop talking about events like these as if they were isolated incidents perpetrated by disaffected individuals.

I once read a manual written by white nationalists that basically advocated for this style of terrorism as a means of advancing the race war. This shit isn't taken seriously enough.

Back
Top Bottom