Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Taskmaster

Oh ffs, I was sat waiting for 10am then clearly got distracted and forgot. There’s only really shit seats left now. 🙄 Fucking ADHD.

Oh ffs, I was sat waiting for 10am then clearly got distracted and forgot. There’s only really shit seats left now. 🙄 Fucking ADHD.
I signed up for presale and didn't get a code. I only remembered when I saw the post about ticket sales on Instagram.
I hope you get some. x

I signed up for presale and didn't get a code. I only remembered when I saw the post about ticket sales on Instagram.
I hope you get some. x
It had completely passed me by until Tuesday!

I managed to get some terrace seats by calling the venue box office. Felt like the old days. 😄

They only had blocks of 3 seats left and wouldn’t let me get two on the app. I love his stand up so I’m chuffed.

Enjoyed the first one, though am fed up with how badly All 4 runs on a PS4, esp if you like to pause and rewind (or fast forward) often. Makes it almost impossible to enjoy. Will see if I can get it through YouTube in the UK.

My daughter wanted to watch the old series with Acaster in. I can barely remember any of it so it's like watching it fresh.
Much better than the last few series. Some duff games here and there.

I fear that this has finally gone off the boil.
Maybe it’s just the guests though. Apart from Nick Mohammed, they all have faces that, in close up, make me feel like I’m on acid, giving me the fear. My evident shallowness has prevented me from warming to them.

Oh I'm the opposite, I've been really liking this!
I kinda know Nick, through a friend and am really disappointed in him.

I also feel this series is a bit flat, but I think it's because they haven't got a legend.

They've always had someone who has been around forever before and just watching them be different from their normal persona under pressure (apart from Julian Clary) is what carries it.

I kinda know Nick, through a friend and am really disappointed in him.

I also feel this series is a bit flat, but I think it's because they haven't got a legend.

They've always had someone who has been around forever before and just watching them be different from their normal persona under pressure (apart from Julian Clary) is what carries it.
Why are you disappointed in him?

Me76 , a memory/tale/story

QI is one of the BBC's crown jewels. And like Taskmaster, it can dilute the very thing a "name" is known for. The example I always give is Rory McGrath, who assumed the show was "give all the amazing facts you know" and was so smug that Stephen Fry broke character to tell him so.

Formats can smother certain people. Seann Walsh uses his post -Strictly "infamy" to say how he was edited out of Mock the Week for simply not working at all.

It's a bit worrying to hear that about him, since nearly everyone who's been on Taskmaster has praised the editors for making them funnier than they thought they were. They've a reputation for being very, very kind unless the unkindness is literally the funniest thing ever.

Last edited:
It's just a very average series after a couple of stellar ones. It's happened before, and it's happening now. All is OK, the participants are doing well, nobody's a Baddiel this season so far.

I'm enjoying it - the tasks at least don't need to be rewound before you know WTF they're doing.

The elder statesman of this season is Steve Pemberton, FWIW.

I've gone off the blonde woman after she referred to Elon Musk as a scientist.

Joanne's occasional "Ooh, I'm a bit of a mad woman aren't I?" thing doesn't really ring true when she's sat next to Sophie Willan.
I did tell the mrs when she was on Would I Lie To You? that the crazier the story was, the more likely it was true with her.

If you haven't seen Sophie's Alma's Not Normal I do highly recommend it. It's just that it's semi-autobiographical and then you realise she really is quite mad. (for good reason!)

Alma's Not Normal is one of the best series of I've seen in the last couple of years. It's still on iPlayer and would also recommend.

I'm enjoying the series but it's not one of the greats. I've just been rewatching series 2 and it's amazing. Joe Wilkinson buying the mayor of Chesham 40 Callipos and 8 cans of strong lager remains one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Alma's Not Normal is one of the best series of I've seen in the last couple of years. It's still on iPlayer and would also recommend.

I'm enjoying the series but it's not one of the greats. I've just been rewatching series 2 and it's amazing. Joe Wilkinson buying the mayor of Chesham 40 Callipos and 8 cans of strong lager remains one of the funniest things I've ever seen.
The Joe Wilkinson potato task is probably the greatest ever moment.

So what did everyone think of the last series? It left me feeling a bit disappointed to be honest. The last episode was probably the one which made me laugh the most.
I'm a bit worried I've got Taskmaster fatigue.
Also, Alex seemed so different this series.

New contestants released for the next series.
SmartSelect_20240603_090105_Chrome.jpg
Andy Zaltzman, Babatunde, Aléshé, Emma Sidi and Rosie Jones.

I've already seen people being absolutely vile online about Rosie being in the show. Really horrible. :(
Weirdly, I feel like I remember Jack Dee being on it before. :confused:

I still enjoy Taskmaster but I’ve long since stopped feeling it as fresh and exciting. This latest series just continues that pattern, to be honest. Some great moments, some proper laughs and an increasing tendency on my part to not bother watching it for four or five weeks and then catch up when I remember. I don’t blame any of the individuals, I just think it’s inevitable after, what, 100+ episodes, maybe?

I confess I gave up on this series. First one. I have high hopes for the next series though. I think Rosie Jones will be great and I’m a fan of Zaltzman and Dee.

I still enjoy Taskmaster but I’ve long since stopped feeling it as fresh and exciting. This latest series just continues that pattern, to be honest. Some great moments, some proper laughs and an increasing tendency on my part to not bother watching it for four or five weeks and then catch up when I remember. I don’t blame any of the individuals, I just think it’s inevitable after, what, 100+ episodes, maybe?
159 episodes.

I wonder which series has most episodes. Masterchef maybe? Oh, probably one of the soaps. Corrie or something.

I like Taskmaster but I'm not a fan of continually redoing the same thing. They're definitely in "wring it out before it dies" mode. New series come round very quickly. See also Star Wars and International Cricket.

I really enjoyed this series, having not watched many of the more recent ones. Partly maybe because of John Robins, I listen to his and Eli’s James’s podcast so was primed for seeing how he got on. And I liked all the contestants and the dynamic between them, they seemed kind and sensitive and respectful of each other as a group, there wasn’t one that annoyed me
No series will ever be as good as season 5 Bob Mortimer Sally Philips et al

The fact that I can't remember this at all means its probably about time for me to start re-watching from series one.

I always struggle when they have an out and out Tory cunt on there, so not going to enjoy Jack Dee tbh. I nearly skipped the series with David Baddiel but ended up watching his bits through gritted teeth.
I don't think David Baddiel 'got it' at all.

Loved Mel Giedroyc. Series 4 was one of my favourites.

I also loved Mike Wozniak.

Back
Top Bottom