Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Taskmaster

Who's the older guy with the big hair? I haven' even caught his name yet, and don't recognise him at all.

He's barely on screen at all.

Who's the older guy with the big hair? I haven' even caught his name yet, and don't recognise him at all.

He's barely on screen at all.
Andy Zaltzman - he’s better known on the radio and from podcasting. Often hosts The News Quiz on R4. He’s also a cricket nut and I think does cricket stats nerdery for the BBC in their coverage of it

Andy Zaltzman - he’s better known on the radio and from podcasting. Often hosts The News Quiz on R4. He’s also a cricket nut and I think does cricket stats nerdery for the BBC in their coverage of it

I liked his perfume ad style thing for the bubbles task. Think I'm more used to pretty much unknown or niche people on Taskmaster being young, and the older ones being established TV types, so it's disconcerting, but OTOH yes to giving older performers more exposure.

Just hope he joins in a bit more in the next eps.

I'm enjoying this series so much, far more than the last one.

I've just seen more of the edit of 'your Mum's a slag' with Baba and it made me laugh so much. It really sound like he's saying it. :D

I'm enjoying this series so much, far more than the last one.

I've just seen more of the edit of 'your Mum's a slag' with Baba and it made me laugh so much. It really sound like he's saying it. :D
Yeah this one is really good. Jack was made for it tbh. And Rosie Jones is great.

Completely the opposite for me, finding the Jack and Rosie show tedious and just turned it off the other day. But I do wonder if I'm just bored stupid by the format now.

My sense of humour is fairly infantile, so the talking poo had me cackling merrily away. Rosie can be downright mean at times and gets away with it by having a cheeky grin to go with it. That being said, I totally would have put ice cubes in Alex's trousers just to make it look like he'd pissed himself too.

She’s been fab. I love her relationship with Jack Dee. They seem to really get on.
I've liked Rosie Jones a lot too. I love the way she knowingly and wickedly 'plays the disabled card' when it suits her, in a tongue in cheek way knowing that it's impossible for Alex to push back against. She's come a long way since I saw here as a relatively unknown support act for Nish Kumar 6 or 7 years ago.

There's been a couple of times when Jack Dee has looked pretty close to breaking character from his dead-pan grumpy old man. I think there's a genuine affection and rapport there with Jones.

Back
Top Bottom