Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tanks for the Memories

That shop is hoard of dubious gifts with a questionable sense of humour Lancaster trainers anyone?

Israel has supposedly got a couple of thousand of these Merkava tanks, with brand new sophisticated mark5s just ready to roll now - very cool

0x0.jpg

Bovington we are in you

View attachment 385944
Bovington was my one experience with the 'Big Army'. We RAMC types were somewhat 'civvy attached' in outlook.

I was there doing leave relief, well sort of, the previous chap had developed a bottle a day habit, so had to do and dry out a tad. I'd taken a TV with me, but no signal. Very bored I decided to go and have a pint in the NAAFI.

Walked in, went to the bar. Barmaid asked 'Are you an NCO?' one hearing yes, she directed me through a door to another bar.

Walked in, went up to the bar, three people waiting. Are you a Cpl or a L/Cpl? Cpl. What do you want? These guys are before me. They are L/Cpl's. Got a pint of lager, drank it, never went back.

As I walked back to my room, I thought about our Summer ball a few weeks previously, the CO ( a Brigadier) was behind me in the queue for the bar, I offered him precedence, he declined.

Back
Top Bottom