Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

memory lane of my earlier cars

I could swear that's a single Mikuni there, which would make it a T110 not T120? Pedantic i know LOL!! :)

But still looks a lovely creation. when you see my photos next week you'll see mine still have a long way to go to look good, much less even run!

Yes, looking at it again it could be a single carb thought would that not be pointing straight out the back rather than to one side?

Oh so it is, I was fooled :)

Nice meggas on it too, neat photo

Here are the Matchlesss and Commando in their current state. Got a good spark from the Matchless today so plenty hopes for that. Norton's winter project

Attachments

• IMG_0399.jpg
    IMG_0399.jpg
    426.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0396.jpg
    IMG_0396.jpg
    446.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0397.jpg
    IMG_0397.jpg
    406.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0398.jpg
    IMG_0398.jpg
    474.8 KB · Views: 9
I don't recognise the Matchless without its head on, but the Norton looks fine. They both look like they need a little TLC and using. What is to do to get them back running?

Well the Matchless was last running 1998, and I took the head off to make sure piston's still ok, and to check the timing. Had trouble getting a spark but finally got a nice fat one now. Just have to check the wiring for lights/alternator etc, put primary chaincase back on, bit tidying up, head back on, clear the carb out, and hopefully with fuel and oil should fire up.

The Commando had a slight accident 4 years ago, but the insurance company wrote it off on a Class C. I brought the bike back off the insurance company and just needs carb cleaning of old fuel, new battery and a few bit tidying and bolting on thaty was broken and that too should hopefully fire up.

Well the Matchless was last running 1998, and I took the head off to make sure piston's still ok, and to check the timing. Had trouble getting a spark but finally got a nice fat one now. Just have to check the wiring for lights/alternator etc, put primary chaincase back on, bit tidying up, head back on, clear the carb out, and hopefully with fuel and oil should fire up.

The Commando had a slight accident 4 years ago, but the insurance company wrote it off on a Class C. I brought the bike back off the insurance company and just needs carb cleaning of old fuel, new battery and a few bit tidying and bolting on thaty was broken and that too should hopefully fire up.
Sounds like they are both quite near road ready, the only thing is summer has gone so perhaps now is not the best time :)

Was too nice a summer to spend time in my hot garage.... I'll enjoy wiinter riding on a crisp sunny, if cold day

Back
Top Bottom