Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tanks for the Memories

Netflix has the completely bonker girls und panzers detailed WW2 tanks driven by schoolgirls who live on aircraft carriers and practice the ladylike sport of Tankery.

It's existence drove at least one East European former tank driver to vodka ( not a terribly difficult feat I'll admit but was accompanied by lots of swears).

Peiper was the most famous one from the Bulge, he was a right cunt and came to a fittingly sorry end. What was the name of the guy you saw the doc about? I'd be interested in that.

"During his career with Himmler, Peiper witnessed the SS policies of ethnic cleansing and genocide in Eastern Europe; he persistently denied or obfuscated this fact following the war. Transferred to a combat role, Peiper served in the SS Division Leibstandarte on both the Eastern and the Western Fronts, commanding a battalion and then a regiment. He fought in the Third Battle of Kharkov and the Battle of the Bulge. Peiper's command became known for atrocities against civilians and prisoners of war.

Peiper was convicted in the Malmedy massacre trial and sentenced to death. The sentence was commuted, with Peiper serving 12 years in prison. He was accused of committing the Boves massacre in Italy; the investigation was closed due to insufficient evidence that Peiper issued the order to kill civilians directly. After his release from prison, he worked for both Porsche and Volkswagen, before moving to France, where he worked as a freelance translator. Throughout, Peiper maintained frequent, albeit discreet, contact with his SS network, including HIAG, a Waffen-SS lobby group. Peiper was murdered in France in July 1976, after his identity as an SS-man and war criminal had been publicized there."

Here's a real King Tiger I took a pic of in Belgium a couple of years ago which was part of his Kampfgruppe. Cost the owner a bottle of cognac.

1586903728781.png

Last edited:
Netflix has the completely bonker girls und panzers detailed WW2 tanks driven by schoolgirls who live on aircraft carriers and practice the ladylike sport of Tankery.

It's existence drove at least one East European former tank driver to vodka ( not a terribly difficult feat I'll admit but was accompanied by lots of swears).

Right

I may have a small bottle that may or may not contain "mushroom drops"

Exactly how many of these should I have before watching this?

Asking for a friend

From the Twitter account Tank Archives:

"6th Guards Tank Brigade, August 1942. Tankers return from the battlefield with a captured Pz.Kpfw.IV."

EbiQUM5XYAE9y8C

Back
Top Bottom