Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tanks for the Memories

9ce89154da1cac557ced2295d49e7cae.jpg

I think that's the longest exhaust pipe I've seen on any vehicle. Why would they make it so that it dispensed its fumes into the faces of the troops following it?

Loads of room in the back for a right tidy lazing around cooking, eating, sleeping space. Thats a huge hatch in the roof. Look ace with surfboards strapped to the top.
img_5.jpg
And not the best place to 'entertain/smooch' your girlfriend, even putting your combat jacket on the floor didn't help,or slightly later in life, similar situation, ones flack jacket:D
AFVs though offering a semblance of privacy and space are totally unsuited to l'armoure:p

Ah, the Churchill 'Bobbin,' designed to lay a rolling road over soft beaches or desert. The stubby gun is in fact a spigot mortar firing a shell the size of a dustbin containing 40 kilos of Torpex. Rather a day-ruiner if you saw one and still thought you were safe inside your concrete bunker. Especially when used in tandem with his friend Mr. Crocodile.
Ta, was going to ask for a link, really interesting thread but short on info/links:thumbs:

That is a big beastie, is that the standard 88 gun?
No, the Tiger I had the "standard" 88mm FlaK36 derivative. The 88/L56 was the most common, being all of the older FlaK weapons and the main gun on the Tiger I.

Tiger II used a newly designed 88/L71 weapon, which didn't share any parts with the late-war FlaK41 of similar dimensions. Both Tigers share the great feature of someone seeming to intentionally design them to look scary. Only the Soviet IS-series tanks really share that benefit. :)

And not the best place to 'entertain/smooch' your girlfriend, even putting your combat jacket on the floor didn't help,or slightly later in life, similar situation, ones flack jacket:D
AFVs though offering a semblance of privacy and space are totally unsuited to l'armoure:p

I was thinking an interior done out like a cross between a futon, a purple buttoned chesterfield sofa, and Sherlock Holmes's study.

Amateur hour.

Dragged them away from a day on the sunny beaches of Dorset for a trip to the Royal Artillery museum at Larkhill - and left them and the Mrs in the mess with some pink wafers and orange squash while I hunted down some friends at the school.

They think I hate them.

Did the same to mine, something must have rubbed off, the eldest has recently finished his 22, as a WO1, didn't fancy the move to a commission though.
Both managed to outrank poor old Da:D

Back
Top Bottom