Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tamsin bloody Omond

Why does relevance have to involve rationality?

Surely it's a rational act to see relevance in something? Or perhaps it's more rational to accept the world as basically senseless and to sometimes find meaning in going against what you know deep down is best for yourself? And I don't mean that facetiously.

Surely it's a rational act to see relevance in something? Or perhaps it's more rational to accept the world as basically senseless and to sometimes find meaning in going against what you know deep down is best for yourself? And I don't mean that facetiously.

TV currently has an audience because people find something in it to interest them, and this changes all the time. I watch Midsommar murders nowadays since I'm vaguely nostalgic for England, wheras it would have disgusted me when I was actually living in southern England. So it's become relevant to me, in a fairly sub-rational way.

Not sure i need to.

Who posted:

LLETSA

Random

butchersapron

weltweit

Only a couple of posts of mine have addressed the subject of Jasmin Ormond. And then only to point out her basic irrelevance to the wider picture. Most others, when it comes to her and little Laurie, seem to prefer a good wank.

24 posts and good few hours to tell people that something irrelevant is irrelevant. May the circle never be unbroken.

It's taken only a few minutes of those hours to say that though. And, as I said, few of my posts have addressed the subject of Jasmin Penny.

No, that's why it's called 'mere babble.' Maybe you meant something else?

Turn the telly on, if you're at home, and then go upstairs and turn the one up there on, on a different channel. You'll hear babble, but you'll find it contains some sort of content.

The whole point - that Osmond herself makes in teh article - is that she networks with the rich and the powerful, because of her class privilage.

I think her writing is quite misleading and, as shown already, quite contradictory.

She networks with people because she puts herself out there to meet people, actively.

There are plenty of people from priviliged backgrounds who don't or can't do that, just as there are plenty of folks from less middle class backgounds who don't or can't.

And yet you remain so enlightened. What's the secret?

I never said I was enlightened. I did, however, express a certain amount of incredulity at claims from politicised people that the mass media has no effect on society.

She networks with people because she puts herself out there to meet people, actively.

So, if I put myself out there to meet people actively, I'd be moving in such circles? You seriously believe it's merely a case of going out and meeting people?

Back
Top Bottom