Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Takeaway prices during UK lockdown

I like their "fastest delivery" section. They reckoned they could deliver me some ice cream in 5 minutes, which is quicker than I could get it in the car with a headstart. I ordered some just to check it out.

7 minutes :thumbs:
In the end I've ordered an american breakfast and a smoothie from a moderately swank local cafe. I went with ubereats because I had a £10 off your first order email - but in the end that was out of date so no discount for me...

I went with ubereats because I had a £10 off your first order email - but in the end that was out of date so no discount for me...

That happens a lot with Uber Eats. The small print on the vouchers says it's a limited offer and unless you use them quickly they run out, even within the expiry time, but you don't find that out until you try to place your order. They're tossers. They know that once you've pissed about selecting your food, you're unlikely to go elsewhere because your offer's dead so you'll just pay full price.

Your screenshot doesn't say anything about takeaway outlets putting up prices.

You’re right, it doesn’t. I’d seen another thread on FB earlier that day complaining of takeaway price increases and when I saw one where people were bemoaning how much they’d paid for takeaways I joined the dots and used that as an example to save hunting down the earlier post.

But most who’ve replied to this thread addressing that point seem to think it’s not an issue, so I guess I got my answer.

I'd very much like some Fish & Chips but the reason we don't is because money is tight at the moment.

Is there some fundamental difference between ordering a kebab and ordering tapas that I am unaware of that has caused ire? (If I missed that it was a tenner for a bowl of olives then ignore my question!)

Is there some fundamental difference between ordering a kebab and ordering tapas that I am unaware of that has caused ire? (If I missed that it was a tenner for a bowl of olives then ignore my question!)

I can't speak for anyone else but I tend to put certain food into certain boxes. There is restaurant / bar food and then there is take away food. Though things are all up in the air at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom