Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Subversive Music - RATM, Lowkey, Akala, Slaves, Allflaws

Most of my posts are of black hip hop artists

I liked the post because this is true, I've just reviewed the thread and there's all sorts in here, it's fantastic, and your contributions are massively varied.

But Tom McDonald? Just about every line he spits is wrong and that's not even the point. It's that his shit isn't about anything, it's just about him. But he pretends it's more. Celebrating and promoting conflict while pretending to be condemning it. No-solution commentary, just a way to get clicks and make bucks. Find your demographic and rinse it. I think the same about Immortal Technique fwiw, and some other artists featured on this thread. But that bloke is a really transparent example of the thing I mean.

Anyway, 'subversive'. Undermining established power structures and authority. I don't think there are many songs that genuinely do that.

Here's one that's not been posted on this thread: plus, not enough female voices on this thread anyway.

I liked the post because this is true, I've just reviewed the thread and there's all sorts in here, it's fantastic, and your contributions are massively varied.

But Tom McDonald? Just about every line he spits is wrong and that's not even the point. It's that his shit isn't about anything, it's just about him. But he pretends it's more. Celebrating and promoting conflict while pretending to be condemning it. No-solution commentary, just a way to get clicks and make bucks. Find your demographic and rinse it. I think the same about Immortal Technique fwiw, and some other artists featured on this thread. But that bloke is a really transparent example of the thing I mean.

Anyway, 'subversive'. Undermining established power structures and authority. I don't think there are many songs that genuinely do that.

Here's one that's not been posted on this thread: plus, not enough female voices on this thread anyway.

Hey thanks I have tried to keep the thread varied and dynanmic. It does have lots of artists of all races and backgrounds. I think music is a great platform for discussion and opinion and I have found some great songs in here that address many serious issues. I do agree though that Tom Mcdonald is contentious and provocative and has some pretty toxic opinions. It seems he's being controversial just to get attention. Love the track you posted too. Put it in my playlist.

Hey thanks I have tried to keep the thread varied and dyanmic. It does have lots of artists of all races and backgrounds. I think music is a great platform for discussion and opinion and I have found some great songs in here that address many serious issues. I do agree though that Tom Mcdonald is contentious and provocative and has some pretty toxic opinions. It seems he's being controversial just to get attention. Love the track you posted too. Put it in my playlist.

That's great.

My first ever gig was therapy?
Credit to the nation and kerbdog supporting. I remember all the flyers we got whilst queuing with nightclubs promising they were playing chumbawamba, although it would have been another 5 years until I would have been able to check.

My first ever gig was therapy?
Credit to the nation and kerbdog supporting. I remember all the flyers we got whilst queuing with nightclubs promising they were playing chumbawamba, although it would have been another 5 years until I would have been able to check.
That's great that you were able to see Credit To The Nation Live. Plus Kerbdog too. I'm Jealous now.

Back
Top Bottom