Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

steven fry is unfriendly and inhumane in real life

Ok - so maybe it's that that leads you to think anyone might be sychophantic! :hmm: :confused: :D

Not really sure how you mean that? But I'm on very good terms with my ex, and how he feels about Stephen Fry doesn't have anything to do with my opinion here. I think you can admire someone or their work without needing to idealize them or believe they never make mistakes or do anything wrong. That's all.

Miss Caphat said:
I think you can admire someone or their work without needing to idealize them or believe they never make mistakes or do anything wrong. That's all.

That was the point (although you wouldn't neccessarily have to admire or even like them or their work either, to follow your point)!

Nothing to do with your bf! :hmm:

Miss Caphat said:
I think my point was that so many people didn't believe what the girl said or thought she "took it the wrong way" struck me as a bit unfair and perhaps sychophantic?

No. :D

On top of that, I think people probably have a better grasp of i-am-your-idea too, tbf. :D

TOILET DUCK!!!! :mad:

BTW, his strop on Twitter was nothing really.

Us oldies remember when he got a bad review in a play (Cell Mates, I think), and walked out of the production to hide out in Belgium for a couple of months.

Also, a friend of mine knows him, and apparently all the members of his company are illegal immigrants that he pays 10 p an hour to bludgeon baby seals to death, which he then sells as organic tofu pate to Holland & Barrett.

I saw Barry Cryer once at Euston station ,he gave me a funny look, and not funny in a ha ha way, funny in a scary, get out of the way motherfucker way, remember this when you laugh at him on the radio :(

I'm watching him right now on QI and can only hear him saying it sarcastically. Shame on you & friend for not getting it.

For me years back I read a interview with Joanna Lumley and Jennifer Saunders in Marie Claire and commented to my Uni room mate how horrid they had been. I had never seen or heard of Ab Fab and just didn't get it at all. My mate pointed out that's how they are and sometime later I caught the prog.

I saw Barry Cryer once at Euston station ,he gave me a funny look, and not funny in a ha ha way, funny in a scary, get out of the way motherfucker way, remember this when you laugh at him on the radio :(

I always thought that way about him anyway. ^^Paul Russell; LOL:D

i believe that many people with such agreeable public personas are in fact malevolent monsters with plans to enslave us all. these personas endear them so much to the public that they are semi-defied as National Treasures, but i think they are merely masks to mislead us and prevent us from seeing their true, unspeakably evil selves. fry is one of these. palin and attenborough too, as well as lesser treasures such as kris akabusi and joanna lumley. i don't trust alan bennett either.
don't be fooled by their trustworthy smiles and reassuring and familiar voices. beneath that genial and approachable facade beats a black heart of truly heinous rank depravity. the mask slips every now and then and you can see in their eyes the briefest glint of pure unalloyed wickedness. in this clip ( ) he describes with unseemly relish the fall of a civilisation and at about 6.30 minutes in, he very quickly drops the act and we see that he has diabolical plans for us and he'll have as much fun destroying our civilisation as he did when, in another equally affablem and avuncular form, he whispered in that easter islander's ear, 'go on, chop it down, chop down that last tree. you trust me, don't you?' see also joanna lumley viewing the northern lights. once you're aware of her true character, you notice that those breathless exultations of marvel and awe are just covering her excitement at seeing something she plans to destroy in the coming celebrity-forged Great Cataclysm of 2012
DO NOT BE FOOLED!

I'm watching him right now on QI and can only hear him saying it sarcastically. Shame on you & friend for not getting it.

I'm REALLY CONFUSED now! :D

You mean she was employed (as in the OP, to clean the fluff from his suit), during filming?

I had gathered from the OP that we were just to remember to imagine the evilness while we watched the programme. :hmm:

But it was actually filmed? :cool: Easy peasy then!

Fuck sake - do I care!? :rolleyes: :D

i believe that many people with such agreeable public personas are in fact malevolent monsters with plans to enslave us all. these personas endear them so much to the public that they are semi-defied as National Treasures, but i think they are merely masks to mislead us and prevent us from seeing their true, unspeakably evil selves. fry is one of these. palin and attenborough too, as well as lesser treasures such as kris akabusi and joanna lumley. i don't trust alan bennett either.
don't be fooled by their trustworthy smiles and reassuring and familiar voices. beneath that genial and approachable facade beats a black heart of truly heinous rank depravity. the mask slips every now and then and you can see in their eyes the briefest glint of pure unalloyed wickedness. in this clip ( ) he describes with unseemly relish the fall of a civilisation and at about 6.30 minutes in, he very quickly drops the act and we see that he has diabolical plans for us and he'll have as much fun destroying our civilisation as he did when, in another equally affablem and avuncular form, he whispered in that easter islander's ear, 'go on, chop it down, chop down that last tree. you trust me, don't you?' see also joanna lumley viewing the northern lights. once you're aware of her true character, you notice that those breathless exultations of marvel and awe are just covering her excitement at seeing something she plans to destroy in the coming celebrity-forged Great Cataclysm of 2012
DO NOT BE FOOLED!

^^^

Is that how you spent Christmas Day? :cool: :rolleyes: :cool:

I'm REALLY CONFUSED now! :D

You mean she was employed (as in the OP, to clean the fluff from his suit), during filming?

I had gathered from the OP that we were just to remember to imagine the evilness while we watched the programme. :hmm:

But it was actually filmed? :cool: Easy peasy then!

Fuck sake - do I care!? :rolleyes: :D
Oh Sheo

^^^

Is that how you spent Christmas Day? :cool: :rolleyes: :cool:

i spent a little time gathering evidence. i hope to make a youtube film about it soon. people need to know. i shall post it on whale.to to spread the word. they seem to be the only people who have seemed interested in this discovery.

Friends who've worked with him in the past say that he's usually an alright bloke, but is a mean drunk. This was a few years ago though.

Makes sense. After all, there was that incident where he bit the ear of a homeless person when pissed.

Provoked or not, he soon realised the "Johnathan Creek eats tramp" headlines weren't going to look good.

DO NOT BE FOOLED!

lol! i love this

it must be v difficult being expected to be divinely nice to everyone you meet just because you are on TV

This.

Actual human being in possibly not good mood 24 hours a day shocker!!!

i-am-your-idea: have you ever said anything to anyone in a not-so-friendly tone of voice? Yes? OMG!!!eleventy!1! You're unfriendly and INHUMANE!!!ZOMGZ!

saw him on that "who do you think you are " programme , and really felt for the bloke , one of his relatives was in Aushwitz . really interesting programme , his humility and humanity came accross in bucketloads .

Back
Top Bottom