Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

steven fry is unfriendly and inhumane in real life

In a similar anecdotal fashion, foo told me she once saw Stephen Fry, said hello to him and he replied 'Hello, my dear' in a lovely manner.

Watch QI with this in mind. You'll see it's true.

I had written a whole story of something similar but then realized I didn't want it on the internet.
Anyway, I tend to believe the lint-picker's story and am baffled by how naive people can be. IMO and IME most people who have achiveved some kind of fame or power do tend to be dicks. The kind of dicks who know how to say all the right things when they are being watched. But behind closed doors, especially if they know you have no clout, they tend to show their true colors.

About Stephen Fry?

Tbf, what he's meant to have said to i-am-your-idea's mate is pretty mild for someone that suffers from bi-polar disorder.

I'm thinking that Stephen Fry was comparing himself to a toilet innit?
self depreciation perhaps?
So it goes, sort of: (Stephen Fry & Cleaner)

S:You're no better than a toilet cleaner, are you?
C:Oh Stephen, that makes you no better than a toilet!
S: Oh, ha ha ha, we are so whimsical.

Yeah? Sounds a riot!

Anyway, I tend to believe the lint-picker's story and am baffled by how naive people can be. IMO and IME most people who have achiveved some kind of fame or power do tend to be dicks. The kind of dicks who know how to say all the right things when they are being watched. But behind closed doors, especially if they know you have no clout, they tend to show their true colors.

In your opinion most famous and powerful people are dicks, so it is likely that Stephen Fry would be unfriendly and inhumane.

Does that not make you someone quick to judge others on the basis of hearsay, in which case you're being a dick?

Fry has a very practiced persona, no idea what lies behind it. Hasn't done much in collaboration since, well, Blackadder, I think . . .

Does a lot for charity, that Jane Asher - bless you Ma'm.

im sure he is capable of appearing to be all these things, when it is in his interests. perhaps he likes horses.

but he doesnt like women. he doesn't know what to do with them.

This is an utterly ridiculous thing to say, and deserves ridiculing much-ly.
Stephen Fry loves women! But not in that way.

I sense an horrific homophobia lurking beneath the surface in your comments about him. Boo!

FWIW I've met Stephen Fry a few times and he's absolutely adorable, and his humour can be both incredibly self-deprecating and at times you have to really think about what he's just said to get it (I know because it goes over my head too sometimes!)

Fry?

inhumane - lacking and reflecting lack of pity or compassion; "humans are innately inhumane; this explains much of the misery and suffering in the world"; "biological weapons are considered too inhumane to be used"

No chance he was just having a bad day?

Fry?

No chance he was just having a bad day?

I think the lesson here is to never employ a lint cleaner who suffers from carriage wit.

At interviews, always fire off a few one-liners, and gauge their instant-response. If their response fails to amuse, then cross them off the short-list.

I think the lesson here is to never employ a lint cleaner who suffers from carriage wit.

At interviews, always fire off a few one-liners, and gauge their instant-response. If their response fails to amuse, then cross them off the short-list.

Indeed sir...

Back
Top Bottom