Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

St Pauls Carnival - 6th July

Found this

There are 13 not 15 Official Soundsystems for St Pauls Carnival and they are...

XCALIBRE SOUND (ARGYLE RD.)
Ghetto Force Entertainment (BY INKERMAN PUB or JAMAICA INN.)
UNIQUE STAR (CAMPBELL ST.)
RAIDERS 32 (DENBIGH ST.)
KING KONG SOUND (WINKWORTH PLACE.)
ASITIS TV (TOP OF DAVEY ST.)
DADDY CRUKUS (BOTTOM OF DAVEY ST.)
NEGUS MELODY (WILLIAM ST.)

SOUL 2 SOLE (WILDER ST.)
INVASION SOUND (OUTSIDE DADS CABS)
LOVEWORKS (TOP OF BRIGHTON ST.)
UJIMA RADIO (PORTLAND SQ.)
TEAM LOVE(RED BULL STAGE)(ST PAULS PARK.)

Ras Malai Bait - anyone beyond Negus Melody I should head to?

Found this

There are 13 not 15 Official Soundsystems for St Pauls Carnival and they are...

XCALIBRE SOUND (ARGYLE RD.)
Ghetto Force Entertainment (BY INKERMAN PUB or JAMAICA INN.)
UNIQUE STAR (CAMPBELL ST.)
RAIDERS 32 (DENBIGH ST.)
KING KONG SOUND (WINKWORTH PLACE.)
ASITIS TV (TOP OF DAVEY ST.)
DADDY CRUKUS (BOTTOM OF DAVEY ST.)
NEGUS MELODY (WILLIAM ST.)

SOUL 2 SOLE (WILDER ST.)
INVASION SOUND (OUTSIDE DADS CABS)
LOVEWORKS (TOP OF BRIGHTON ST.)
UJIMA RADIO (PORTLAND SQ.)
TEAM LOVE(RED BULL STAGE)(ST PAULS PARK.)

Ras Malai Bait - anyone beyond Negus Melody I should head to?

ASITIS TV (TOP OF DAVEY ST.) Rare groove, Soul Classics etc for the old school funksters. In fact my first thought as soon as I saw who was posting was to recommend them to you. They've mean my carnival favourites for years. Might see you there. :)

Nice one BA - just making arrangements now. Good chance Im going to be on a solo mission so it would be nice to say hello at some point, but i know it can be near impossible in reality at these kind of things.

A bit more dubwise info - these look like unofficial hookups

Supposedly Maasai Warrior are at the Malcolm X centre on City Road, and JAH TUBBYS & KING SIMEON SOUND will be playing on Argyle Road

The party continues till 7am if you want to save yourself money on a hotel :D https://www.facebook.com/events/450510891699963/

i am BROKE - ugggh, its going to be a threadbare summer, current plan is coach (£15 return) and i think i have a sofa with my name on - but this does look good - can you see where RANDALL is playing at? I cant find the listing for it.
TBH I should probably saunter towards that sofa in the early hours, but just in case...

The fact it runs till 2am is kind of mindblowing - every comparable event stops at 7pm in London

Looking forward to this, i'll be going as i'm back in the UK for July and got some mates to stay with in Bristol who are going. Def got high expectations of the music and the rest..

Nice one BA - just making arrangements now. Good chance Im going to be on a solo mission so it would be nice to say hello at some point, but i know it can be near impossible in reality at these kind of things.

A bit more dubwise info - these look like unofficial hookups

Supposedly Maasai Warrior are at the Malcolm X centre on City Road, and JAH TUBBYS & KING SIMEON SOUND will be playing on Argyle Road

i am BROKE - ugggh, its going to be a threadbare summer, current plan is coach (£15 return) and i think i have a sofa with my name on - but this does look good - can you see where RANDALL is playing at? I cant find the listing for it.
TBH I should probably saunter towards that sofa in the early hours, but just in case...

The fact it runs till 2am is kind of mindblowing - every comparable event stops at 7pm in London

Not sure who's playing where for the after-party's, I'm guessing it's vague so the crowd moves around rather than swamping one venue which can happen at such things. Never been to one funny enough as for me it's the dancing in the streets (to quote Martha!) aspect and by two these days I'm finished. Might be tempted by the Malcolm X to help their coffers but I'm looking at a very early start so not planning anything too late.

8601_10151669736280202_1307033148_n.jpg

998133_10151669662995202_544369809_n.jpg

Supposedly Roni Size and Tippa Irie on the Main Stage - doubt ill be there for that but just saying...

Seriously thinking about the 4.30am coach return - only thing is worried i might get sick on the coach - also what to do between 2 and 4.30 - bearing in mind ill probably be on my own....

hrmm, for music after 2am is it worth getting this 7 quid wristband thing from bristolticketshop? seems to cover all the venues involved in after party stuff...

i was wondering what it is on the door for one venue - ill probably only go to one spot - if its less than 7 then not...

I was going to get the 4:30 bus back to London, there should be something to do if there are after parties till and an after after party that i read about that goes on till 12noon on Sunday (bit excessive) but it should be a good night.

This snot had better be gone by Saturday :mad:

Can't wait, always the best Glasto recovery party :)

Glasto is occasionally dodge (not this year though!) but the sun always shines on St Pauls :)

Back
Top Bottom