Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Spanish adventures from Alicante/Murcia airports

I went to Benidorm around 20 years ago and enjoyed it. Mind you, I was off my chops on some pretty amazing pills most nights.

I´ve been to Benidorm several times and it´s fine. It´s really easy to give the British lager-lout bit a wide berth, and most of it is very pleasant and calm. Spanish people have no idea of its bad reputation in the UK. What they do know about, however, is the pensioner who booked a package there and was put in a mainly Spanish-occupied hotel, and subsequently complained to the tour operator there were "too many Spanish" (in Spain)!

Might as well drop this here, as it mentions Alicante, though could go in any Spanish thread. So makes me want to get back to Spain and eat lots of lovely Spanish food. (I shall be in Ibiza a month today, and yes I do eat while there. :D )

Also, a friend was in Alicante this year and said it's great. Not sure whether to try Alicante next year or plan a return to Granada.

Might as well drop this here, as it mentions Alicante, though could go in any Spanish thread. So makes me want to get back to Spain and eat lots of lovely Spanish food. (I shall be in Ibiza a month today, and yes I do eat while there. :D )

Also, a friend was in Alicante this year and said it's great. Not sure whether to try Alicante next year or plan a return to Granada.
The island of tabarca's worth a trip, strange little town on it plus a former lighthouse keepers' school which for me made the excursion worth it on its own. There's a museum, which was shut when I was there,as well

When Pedro Sánchez was in you could get a 20 euro ticket between two locations, which you could use unlimited times over four months without further charge, and even claim your 20 back if you used it more than 15 times. My Murcia to Alicante one runs out next week, so I´ve booked a last trip for tomorrow. Now Feijoo is coming into power, I think this will be knocked on the head.

The island of tabarca's worth a trip, strange little town on it plus a former lighthouse keepers' school which for me made the excursion worth it on its own. There's a museum, which was shut when I was there,as well

Thanks for this, Pickman´s. As a result of your post I spent my birthday treat on Tabarca this weekend just gone. Although I live in the region discussed here, I´d never heard of it before. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom