Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Songs with the same title but different - not covers!

I hoped this wasn't another thread about covers which would be great only a few have crept in 🙄
Same title, very different song

the power of love - three songs, one written and first recorded by jennifer rush, another by frankie goes to hollywood, and one by huey lewis
Thank you! Jaysis, 23 posts to get to this one. What, you all trying to pretend you're cool or something? :rolleyes: :p

dancing in the moonlight - thin lizzy and toploader
Doesn't rule it out, but I believe the latter is actually a cover, just not of the Thin Lizzy track.

* quick google *

Ah, yup:
"Dancing in the Moonlight" is a song by French-American rock group King Harvest. The song was written by Sherman Kelly, produced by Jack Robinson, originally recorded in 1970 by Kelly's band Boffalongo, and then successfully released as a single by King Harvest in 1972, reaching number 13 on the Billboard Hot 100.

When Casey Jones got up to heaven, to the Pearly Gate,
He said: "I'm Casey Jones, the guy that posted covers in the 'songs with the same title but different' thread":

Thank you! Jaysis, 23 posts to get to this one. What, you all trying to pretend you're cool or something? :rolleyes: :p
Sometimes it takes a while for people to remember that there are other songs that have the same title as a Frankie Goes to Hollywood song. It's not a big deal, just relax:

Discovered this through friend and playlist sharing (the good one got replaced by the second one in Spotify). Obviously there are lots of songs called "Jerusalem" but these become accidentally linked.

I think it was perfectly clear and the title with the op could be understood by anyone with but half a wit or more. But if people want to post up covers, let them.
Besides, same title different requires a little more thought than covers and can be more interesting.

Cheers to Voley for reminding me of this one - I reckon this is probably my all-time favourite in the category of "Italian hardcore song that is named after, and samples, but is not a cover of, a Sheffield synthpop song":

Back
Top Bottom