Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Songs with gun noises

Mind if I hijack the thread?
RIP to Peter Brötzman who died recently, the free improvisation revolutionary. His '68 ground breaking album Machine Gun was one of many 1960s watershed moments in music history.
We all live in the big echo of those times. This track has a great ending. I could have picked any track as they are all incendiary.
I think I first heard this on Radio 3 :D
It sounds like a load of guns and has "gun" in the title.

When I was a younger man I thought that video was incredible. . . . but it's really quite embarrassing, especially Mick Jones' acting. Drummer Greg Roberts has got a bit of a 'star quality' about him though.
Never seen it all the way through until recently! It's silly but love the crappy lip syncs to the samples from The Good, The Bad & The Ugly/ A Fistful of Dynamite.

Never seen it all the way through until recently! It's silly but love the crappy lip syncs to the samples from The Good, The Bad & The Ugly/ A Fistful of Dynamite.
At the time paid some barstard in the back of the nme some money to tape all the BAD videos onto a vhs for me. He had just taped them off mtv or something. Terrible quality. There was also an unwatchable live video with a home video shot of text on a Vic 20 screen as a title card.
I think I paid something daft like £15. I was very unhappy.

The wolfe tones' cover of Sunday bloody Sunday includes actual gunfire from the day but maybe you just want pretend noises

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom