Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Songs mentioning specific times

"Poor rats", we human rodents chuckle
At least we get a dignified cremation
And yet, at 6:00 tomorrow morning
It's time to get up and go to work

I think mentions of ‘midnight’ should be omitted as they are too frequent. And because sooner later someone will mention

a7617e11b8fb78c4231971b35dda72ef84957510fe03f7d2c676f5a1e63e9eb0e2edc6ad.jpg.512x512.jpg

(also covered by by mighty sparrow on sparrow in london)

replying to myself cause too late to edit.
i just read the op properly & realised my posting was inconclusive (sorry platinumsage ).

so - what we can learn about specific times from the lyrics of 'trinidad time'?

why, lots:- 'when they tell you eight, they come half past late'
'when they tell you ten, they're coming but when?'
'half past four she coming like she done nothin (kitch dont look so sad, we never hurry in trinidad)'
&
of course: 'anytime is trinidad time'

as for my other, equally lacking post:
p.e. tells us that at eleven there'll be more news.

with 24 h to go of 2020, joey r expected to have nothing to do, nowhere to go to & wanted to be sedated, put in a wheel-chair & taken to 'the show' by aeroplane.

sadly, he passed away in 2001.

judge dread's tasteful ditty about working on a farm and having to get up early - up with the cock (at six o' clock)

not going to post a link - it's probably best left in the 70s...

judge dread's tasteful ditty about working on a farm and having to get up early - up with the cock (at six o' clock)

not going to post a link - it's probably best left in the 70s...
Goodness, I had forgotten him. Quick look up shows he died while walking off stage at age 52 saying " let's hear it for the band".

"Tony leaves the depot late
Seventeen years with the Unigate
Drives his float down Goswell Road at twenty-five to eight"

Six o clock in the morning, and I'm the last person on this plane still awake - sweet bird of truth. The The.

Back
Top Bottom